"Cold War" documentary

  • DAVE SOUTTER
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
      Arthur: Saw the previews to the "Cold War" doc during intermissionof the NHL Winter Classic game. Looking forward to hearing your comments during thatbroadcast! Regards, Dave Soutter

    • arthur chidlovski
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
        Hi Dave:

        I think it was absolutely great that they showed this film on NBC and USA fans can see it too. I already got phone calls from fans in Boston and, of course, all know about the Bruins' side of Phil Esposito's life bit no one knew neither about the 1972 Summit Series nor about the role of Esposito in those games.

        Hope you enjoyed the film!

        Best regards,

        ____ Arthur Chidlovski ____
        http://www.chidlovski.com/

        > Arthur: Saw the previews to the "Cold War" doc during
        > intermissionof the NHL Winter Classic game. Looking forward
        > to hearing your comments during thatbroadcast! Regards, Dave
        > Soutter

        >     hockhist-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • mhdibiase
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
          Dear Arthur:

          I saw it Monday night (most of it). Very, very good. Your insights were quite splendid.

          Is it available on DVD?

          Matt

          --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, arthur chidlovski <arch4web@...> wrote:

          > Hi Dave:
          >
          > I think it was absolutely great that they showed this film on NBC and USA fans can see it too. I already got phone calls from fans in Boston and, of course, all know about the Bruins' side of Phil Esposito's life bit no one knew neither about the 1972 Summit Series nor about the role of Esposito in those games.
          >
          > Hope you enjoyed the film!
          >
          > Best regards,
          >

          > ____ Arthur Chidlovski ____
          > http://www.chidlovski.com/

        • PatrickT
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
            This was an awesome documentary - well done ! To hear Espo and the Russian player still have hard feelings after all these years is amazing.

            Not impressed with the poor sportsmanship of Boooby Clarke - and his slash that took out the Russian star player Kharlamov (?)

            I was young when this was played - but - as an American boy watching this - I was so in tune with Team Canada........

            Makes the accomplishment of "Miracle on Ice" team more relevant today as well.

            But this show - WELL DONE !!

            Pat

            --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "mhdibiase" <mhdibiase@...> wrote:

            > Dear Arthur:
            >
            > I saw it Monday night (most of it). Very, very good. Your insights were quite splendid.
            >
            > Is it available on DVD?
            >
            > Matt
            >
            > --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, arthur chidlovski <arch4web@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Dave:
            > >
            > > I think it was absolutely great that they showed this film on NBC and USA fans can see it too. I already got phone calls from fans in Boston and, of course, all know about the Bruins' side of Phil Esposito's life bit no one knew neither about the 1972 Summit Series nor about the role of Esposito in those games.
            > >
            > > Hope you enjoyed the film!
            > >
            > > Best regards,
            > >

            > > ____ Arthur Chidlovski ____
            > > http://www.chidlovski.com/

          • Frank Liebmann
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2012
              The Wikipedia article for the series has a number of 'citation needed's
              for the text on Game 8. It would be good if somebody could fill these
              in, as it would be a shame to lose this information.

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summit_Series

              Frank

              On 1/2/12 18:42, arthur chidlovski wrote:

              > Hi Dave:
              >
              > I think it was absolutely great that they showed this film on NBC and
              > USA fans can see it too. I already got phone calls from fans in Boston
              > and, of course, all know about the Bruins' side of Phil Esposito's
              > life bit no one knew neither about the 1972 Summit Series nor about
              > the role of Esposito in those games.
              >
              > Hope you enjoyed the film!
              >
              > Best regards,
              >
              > ____ Arthur Chidlovski ____
              > http://www.chidlovski.com/
              >
              > --- On Mon, 1/2/12, DAVE SOUTTER <dsoutter@...
              > <mailto:dsoutter%40msn.com>> wrote:
              >
              > > From: DAVE SOUTTER <dsoutter@... <mailto:dsoutter%40msn.com>>
              > > Subject: [hockhist] "Cold War" documentary
              > > To: "hockhist" <hockhist@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:hockhist%40yahoogroups.com>>
              > > Date: Monday, January 2, 2012, 5:14 PM
              > >

              > > Arthur: Saw the previews to the "Cold War" doc during
              > > intermissionof the NHL Winter Classic game. Looking forward
              > > to hearing your comments during thatbroadcast! Regards, Dave
              > > Soutter

              > > hockhist-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:hockhist-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>

            • arthur chidlovski
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 8, 2012
                Hi Matt:

                Thanks for your kind words. I just tried to speak honestly based on what I remember when I was a kid at the time of the series and what I learned while studying it afterwards. And, of course, the group that worked on the film was fantastic. It was very interesting and pleasant to work with them.

                Thanks,

                ____ Arthur Chidlovski ____
                http://www.chidlovski.com/