Goalies who appeared only in the shootout

  • Eric Hornick
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2011
      With thanks to TSN (and some digging on my own), I have put together the list of goalies who have appeared only in shootouts.

      Last night (10/27) in Pittsburgh, Rick DiPietro became the 5th goalie to appear only in a shootout.  All have lost the game.
      The others:

      10/22/2008  Toronto v Anaheim.  Curtis Joseph replaced Vesa Toskala for shootout (coach's decision).
      10/26/2006  Atlanta v Philadelphia.  Kari Lehtonen replaced Johan Hedberg (coach's decision).
      3/7/2006   Edmonton v Dallas.  Mark Morrison replaced Ty
      Conklin for Edmonton (coach’s decision).  11/22/2005  Buffalo v NY Rangers.  Martin Biron replaced Mika Noronen for Buffalo (injured during shootout).

      DiPietro replaced Evgeni Nabakov.

      From NHL.com:

      ""Nabby was fatigued … he wasn't feeling well, so I had to put Ricky in," Capuano told reporters after the game. "I'm not going to get into it …
      Nabby just couldn't go so Ricky went in.""

      Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick, statistician on Islander home telecasts since 1982. Visit my blog: NYISkinny.com and follow me on Twitter @ehornick

    • PatrickT
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2011
        Yeah , Chairman Wang made the call and Boy Rickey has been in ever since ! Rickey Boy is playing again tonight and I just want to burn my tickets.....Wang would rather lose playing and hiring his friends than winning with professional management and capable players...Why did I renew my tickets ????

        What do you guys think about DiPietro ?