Hockey program cover gallery

  • Ralph
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2011
      If anyone enjoys collecting hockey programs, I have just put together a new feature on hockeydb.com - game program cover images:

      http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/gallery/program_gallery.php?order=season&start=0

      It's kind of interesting to see the images sorted various ways because patterns become evident -- for example, all the programs I have posted from the 1920's are titled "Arena". Or you can see that the same images/designs were used across various leagues in the 1930's and 1940's - so there must have been some company hawking these designs to various teams.

      Award for the worst variety in program design goes to the Maine Mariners - they did not change their program design from 1977-78 to 1986-87 (and maybe longer, I haven't scanned any later than that yet).

      http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/gallery/program_gallery.php?order=league&start=0&filter=team&value=16

      I will eventually come up with some more entry points into this gallery to allow for more honed searching, but for now you can click on a season, league, or team to filter by that criteria.

      Ralph