Winnpeg Jets and the Past

  • Craig Wallace
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2011
      Any thoughts on this article? Should the new Jets honor the past of the old Jets?

      Craig

      http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Winnipeg/2011/07/21/18452711-qmi.html

    • Bill Knauert
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2011
        This is a interesting situation because to some it might look like that the new Jets are resting on the laurals of the old Jets.  Personaly I would like to see them make their own mark on Winnipeg.  This goes for a team that might move to Quebec and adopt the Nordiques name.  Look to the past but remmeber that you have to make your own history.  The Senators had to make their own history .  They did raise banners to honour the original club which was nice but they still have to remeber that they are a new club and not the original.
        Bill

        John 3:16