RE: [hockhist] Inside Hockey Column

  • KEITH lenn
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
      George,

      Great article. I am totally not surprised by Nedved's totals. He was
      around for longer than we want to believe. We forget that he was a very
      productive player - I believe he had
      five years in a row with the Rangers of 20 or more goals and I know he
      had even better goal totals during his time with Vancouver and
      Pittsburgh.

      He sort of fell out of favor with Rangers fans his last year
      there...kinda got a little soft, but he was a fine player.

      Thanks for sharing that article. And by the way, I was surprised that
      Beezer only had 200 wins as a Ranger, but then again he played on some
      bad teams...

      ---Keith

      On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 3:23 PM, GEORGE GRIMM wrote:

      My latest column about the Rangers All Time records has been posted on
      Insidehockey.com

      http://insidehockey.com/?p=15454 <http://insidehockey.com/?p=15454>

      Happy New Year!

      George Grimm

      Mahwah, NJ

      <http://insidehockey.com/?p=15454>
      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

    • GEORGE GRIMM
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 21, 2011
        My Retro Rangers column about Vic Hadfield has been posted on inside hockey.com

        http://insidehockey.com/?p=21951

        Thanks,
        George Grimm
        Mahwah, NJ.

      • Craig Wallace
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 21, 2011
          Excellent article George!

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 21, 2011
            Great article George. Hadfield's injuries did take away from his game but
            I think he was traded because of that Game 7 in '74 against the Flyers.
            He didn't help Rolfe against Schultz and when the camera caught him laughing
            in the penalty box at the end of the game, that was the last straw for
            Emile Francis.

            Jay in Milford

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 2, 2011
              My Retro Rangers column about Jacques Plante has been posted on insidehockey.com.

              http://insidehockey.com/?p=23026

              Thanks,
              George Grimm
              Mahwah, NJ.

            • Swanrvr80@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 3, 2011
                Great column again, Goerge. This was a key point both about Plante and
                the Rangers at the time:

                " In 1963-64 he saw an average of 38 shots a game, the most in the league
                and a full 10 shots more per game than the year before. Over the 70 game
                season that’s 700 more shots than Jacques was used to seeing as a member of
                the Canadiens."

                And once again we see how clever Emile Francis was when it came to trading.

                Jay

              • GEORGE GRIMM
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 17, 2011
                  The latest installment of my interviews with Emile Francis has been posted at Insidehockey.com

                  http://insidehockey.com/retro-rangers-more-trade-talk-with-emile-francis

                  Thanks,
                  George Grimm
                  Mahwah, NJ.
                • GEORGE GRIMM
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 22, 2012
                    My story about how Emile Francis chose Ed Giacomin over Cesare Maniago to be his # 1 goalie has been posted at insidehockey.com

                    http://insidehockey.com/retro-rangers-emiles-big-decision

                    Thanks,
                    George Grimm
                    Mahwah, NJ.

                  • GEORGE GRIMM
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 30, 2012
                      My story about Phil Esposito firing Michel Bergeron on April 1st 1989 has been posted on Insidehockey.com

                      http://insidehockey.com/retro-rangers-not-an-april-fools-joke

                      I hope you enjoy it.

                      George Grimm
                      Mahwah, NJ.