Wanted — Ideas to spice up the NHL season

  • craigw@mountaincable.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2010
      From today's Toronto Star. I think there are some very good ideas here. I
      have always been very critical of the NHL season. They should try to be
      more like North American football were every game means a lot.

      Craig

      http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/896377--feschuk-wanted-ideas-to-spice-up-the-nhl-season
    • MoreyH
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2010
        My idea for the all-star game: Fans vs. Management. Let the fans vote for every member of one all-star side. The GMs get to choose the opposing team.

        If the fans want Rory Fitzpatrick, then hey, he's in. Who cares that's he's not worthy.

        Secondly, if the fans win, the GMs have a ready answer: they loaded the team with the best talent. We saw Gretzky and Lemieux on the same line during a Canada Cup - there is basically zero chance we will ever see Ovechkin and Crosby on the same line. Put Corey Perry on the right side - that might be the best line in the history of hockey.

        And yet, the GMs could choose from 700 players to provide a worthy opponent.

        Fantasy hockey would become reality - isn't that what an all-star game should be about?

        Morey