Re: [hockhist] Inside Hockey Column

  • Swanrvr80@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 21, 2010
      Great column, George. When they let Giacomin go and then followed up with
      "that trade" of Espo for Park, I actually gave up on the Rangers for a few
      years - that's how much it bothered me. I've seen copies of this game but
      the quality is extremely poor and I believe there has to be a good copy of
      it out there somehere. There's been a rumor for years that Eddie has the
      only good copy.

      Jay Moran

      In a message dated 10/20/2010 7:46:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      ggnyr@... writes:

      My insidehockey column about Halloween Night 1975 has been posted.
      _http://insidehockey.com/?p=10282_ (http://insidehockey.com/?p=10282)

      George Grimm
      Mahwah, NJ.

    • mhdibiase
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 22, 2010
        Dear George:

        Bloody great piece!

        Splendid.

        May I please ask you a question? When did you start becoming a Rangers fans? When did you start attending their games?

        I was wondering if I could meet with you because maybe you could help me with a hockey book project I'm working on?

        Respectfully,
        Matt DiBiase
        Bellmawr, NJ

        --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, GEORGE GRIMM <ggnyr@...> wrote:

        > My insidehockey column about Halloween Night 1975 has been posted.
        > http://insidehockey.com/?p=10282
        >

        > George Grimm
        > Mahwah, NJ.

      • GEORGE GRIMM
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
          My latest column about the Rangers All Time records has been posted on Insidehockey.com

          http://insidehockey.com/?p=15454

          Happy New Year!

          George Grimm

          Mahwah, NJ

        • KEITH lenn
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
            George,

            Great article. I am totally not surprised by Nedved's totals. He was
            around for longer than we want to believe. We forget that he was a very
            productive player - I believe he had
            five years in a row with the Rangers of 20 or more goals and I know he
            had even better goal totals during his time with Vancouver and
            Pittsburgh.

            He sort of fell out of favor with Rangers fans his last year
            there...kinda got a little soft, but he was a fine player.

            Thanks for sharing that article. And by the way, I was surprised that
            Beezer only had 200 wins as a Ranger, but then again he played on some
            bad teams...

            ---Keith

            On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 3:23 PM, GEORGE GRIMM wrote:

            My latest column about the Rangers All Time records has been posted on
            Insidehockey.com

            http://insidehockey.com/?p=15454 <http://insidehockey.com/?p=15454>

            Happy New Year!

            George Grimm

            Mahwah, NJ

            <http://insidehockey.com/?p=15454>
            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

          • GEORGE GRIMM
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 21, 2011
              My Retro Rangers column about Vic Hadfield has been posted on inside hockey.com

              http://insidehockey.com/?p=21951

              Thanks,
              George Grimm
              Mahwah, NJ.

            • Craig Wallace
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 21, 2011
                Excellent article George!

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 21, 2011
                  Great article George. Hadfield's injuries did take away from his game but
                  I think he was traded because of that Game 7 in '74 against the Flyers.
                  He didn't help Rolfe against Schultz and when the camera caught him laughing
                  in the penalty box at the end of the game, that was the last straw for
                  Emile Francis.

                  Jay in Milford

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 2, 2011
                    My Retro Rangers column about Jacques Plante has been posted on insidehockey.com.

                    http://insidehockey.com/?p=23026

                    Thanks,
                    George Grimm
                    Mahwah, NJ.

                  • Swanrvr80@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 3, 2011
                      Great column again, Goerge. This was a key point both about Plante and
                      the Rangers at the time:

                      " In 1963-64 he saw an average of 38 shots a game, the most in the league
                      and a full 10 shots more per game than the year before. Over the 70 game
                      season that’s 700 more shots than Jacques was used to seeing as a member of
                      the Canadiens."

                      And once again we see how clever Emile Francis was when it came to trading.

                      Jay

                    • GEORGE GRIMM
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 17, 2011
                        The latest installment of my interviews with Emile Francis has been posted at Insidehockey.com

                        http://insidehockey.com/retro-rangers-more-trade-talk-with-emile-francis

                        Thanks,
                        George Grimm
                        Mahwah, NJ.
                      • GEORGE GRIMM
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 22, 2012
                          My story about how Emile Francis chose Ed Giacomin over Cesare Maniago to be his # 1 goalie has been posted at insidehockey.com

                          http://insidehockey.com/retro-rangers-emiles-big-decision

                          Thanks,
                          George Grimm
                          Mahwah, NJ.

                        • GEORGE GRIMM
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 30, 2012
                            My story about Phil Esposito firing Michel Bergeron on April 1st 1989 has been posted on Insidehockey.com

                            http://insidehockey.com/retro-rangers-not-an-april-fools-joke

                            I hope you enjoy it.

                            George Grimm
                            Mahwah, NJ.