Re: [hockhist] If Modano signs with Detroit Thursday...

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
      Or how about 90. (That'd be his age, right?)

      http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/08/st_james_red_wings_to_hold_mod.html

      On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 1:18 AM, MoreyH <epenaltybox@...> wrote:

      > what number would he wear?
      >
      > 9 is out, so is 99 and 19. Would 6 come back into circulation? No one has
      > chosen 16 since Konstantinov.
      >
      > Hard to belive Maltby would give up 18...Maybe Abdelkader will give up 8.
      >
      > Any ideas?

    • Jason Kasiorek
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
        Morey,

        The local newspapers have said 90 or 27.

        --
        Jason Kasiorek
        Publisher

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
          As a lifelong Red Wing fan, I would hope no one who has been on the team for any length of time would be asked to give up their number. Frankly, I was really hoping that the Wings wouldn't sign him.

          Chantel