If Modano signs with Detroit Thursday...

  • MoreyH
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
      what number would he wear?

      9 is out, so is 99 and 19. Would 6 come back into circulation? No one has chosen 16 since Konstantinov.

      Hard to belive Maltby would give up 18...Maybe Abdelkader will give up 8.

      Any ideas?

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
        70? (Year of birth, not his age.)

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
          Or how about 90. (That'd be his age, right?)

          http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/08/st_james_red_wings_to_hold_mod.html

          On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 1:18 AM, MoreyH <epenaltybox@...> wrote:

          > what number would he wear?
          >
          > 9 is out, so is 99 and 19. Would 6 come back into circulation? No one has
          > chosen 16 since Konstantinov.
          >
          > Hard to belive Maltby would give up 18...Maybe Abdelkader will give up 8.
          >
          > Any ideas?

        • Jason Kasiorek
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
            Morey,

            The local newspapers have said 90 or 27.

            --
            Jason Kasiorek
            Publisher

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
              As a lifelong Red Wing fan, I would hope no one who has been on the team for any length of time would be asked to give up their number. Frankly, I was really hoping that the Wings wouldn't sign him.

              Chantel