George Laraque, Left Wing

  • francz39
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
      "The federal Greens are hoping the former NHL tough guy will help beef up the party's presence in Quebec. Party leader Elizabeth May has named Laraque as a deputy leader of the Green Party of Canada."
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2010
        Yep this gains them credibility! Let's see a guy with no political
        experience who I don't think went to college at all who's career has been in
        the business of smashing faces is the Deputy Leader.maybe the Flat Earth
        Party will grab Tie Domi and make it a lively debate! :-) Reminds me of
        Python."and three votes for the Silly Party." :-) This was a good laugh when
        I saw this! Oh well maybe if we had more guys like Georges, no experience
        and good pair of dukes we might see politics clean up a little.What do we
        say to Chris Nilan becoming the Democratic (hey he is form Mass) Whip (gives
        a new meaning to the term doesn't it) and maybe Jack Carlson to be the
        Republican Whip.I can just see the debate on the floor b(where someone would
        land)."of yeah ,!@#$ you"."no !@#$ you".."wanna go"."sure I'll go".."let's
        go." They could come in handy for confirmation hearings and investigations.
        if you don't co operate or lie they send their goon over the table.One thing
        is for sure more folks would follow politics (taking notes Gary Bettman) a,
        even I might watch those long sessions of Congress on TV now and again.I'm
        sure that George is a nice guy and is not dumb but can we really say he is
        gulp "overqualified"? Now had he actually served some time or at least had
        run for something it would be different but we only see that he has been a
        party worker.kind of a big jump to that high isn't it? Red Kelly was in
        Parliament but he was not that high up on the food chain.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2010
          No worse than the Conservatives appointing an illiterate to the senate.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2010
            And then there's Senator Jim Bunning (R-Ky.), who's a walking
            advertisement for the advisability of major league pitchers wearing
            helmets, because he's clearly taken one too many line drives off the
            old bean.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
              True! But the issue is not his involvement more his meteoric rise.if he just
              ran on their ticket it would be one thing but to be a "deputy" anything
              shows a certain desperation to sell ones self through a name. Any name not a
              concept. That says to me either re look at your concepts or the method of
              delivery of your message.