Re: [hockhist] bogus WHL Johnny Canuck logo?

  • Ralph Slate
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2010
      I got the Canucks logo from a vintage hockey program from the 1964-65
      season. I seem to recall it was printed in a large format on the front
      of the program, almost positive it was a Canucks program (small chance
      it was from another team when the Canucks were visiting). I found a
      66-67 Portland Buckaroos program and the logo looks very similar, but
      with less detail.

      I can attest to the fact that I scanned that logo myself, I did so prior
      to August 12, 1997 (the earliest filedate on my PC, the date I
      transferred from a different PC). I did not sketch the logo or change it
      in any way. It would take me months to find the exact program I scanned
      it from though. The other identical logos have been taken from the file
      available on hockeydb.

      Ralph