Catching Up With Ed Staniowski

  • Craig Wallace
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27 7:53 AM
      As a young person Ed Staniowski as one of my favorite goalies. Look where he is today!

      Craig

      http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2010/2/3/1290250/catching-up-with-ed-staniowski

    • DAVE SOUTTER
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27 8:59 AM
        I had heard Staniowski was in the Canadian armed forces. He spent two or three seasons here in Salt Lake with the Golden Eagles when they were the Blues' farm club back in the days of the old CHL. I remember his blue note goalie mask vividly.

        Interesting story. Thanks for posting it, Craig.

        Dave Soutter

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 27 1:14 PM
          Dave,

          Thanks for the feedback - glad you enjoyed it.

          Just wondering how many other established NHL players ever went into their nations military after their hockey career ended. Seems like Ed Staniowski really stands out in this way.

          I had heard Staniowski was in the Canadian armed forces. He spent two or three seasons here in Salt Lake with the Golden Eagles when they were the Blues' farm club back in the days of the old CHL. I remember his blue note goalie mask vividly.

          Interesting story. Thanks for posting it, Craig.

          Dave Soutter

          As a young person Ed Staniowski as one of my favorite goalies. Look where he is today!

          Craig

          http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2010/2/3/1290250/catching-up-with-ed-staniowski<http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2010/2/3/1290250/catching-up-with-ed-staniowski>

        • Brian Moore
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 28 3:55 AM
            There was a decent article on Ed in our local military paper, The Aurora (14 Wing Greenwood), a few years ago. It was likely a national story, so you might be able to find it in other base papers with a archive that goes back more than a couple of years.

            A quick search turned up this 1999 article from Esprit de Corps http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_6972/is_7_7/ai_n28757239/ but not the article I mentioned.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 28 6:48 AM
              Very interesting. Thanks for posting, Brian.

              Dave Soutter

              A quick search turned up this 1999 article from Esprit de Corps http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_6972/is_7_7/ai_n28757239/<http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_6972/is_7_7/ai_n28757239/> but not the article I mentioned.