NHL 23-man roster

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2010
      Hi all. Does anyone know when the NHL began using 23-man active rosters? I understand that the 1995 CBA declared that 24-man active rosters would begin in 1995-96, until it reduced to 23-man rosters following the Nashville expansion.

      I would have to imagine such an issue would have likely resulted from a collective bargaining agreement with the NHLPA.

      I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

      Thanks,
      Matt