Complete telecast history of the Stanley Cup playoffs

  • Tim M Holly Brulia
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2010
      Hi there,

      First off, wishing everyone on the hockey history group a very happy and healthy 2010.

      I thought being a history group, I thought I woud share this link with you:

      http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1244077149

      It is an index that lists every single Stanley Cup playoff game that has been televised by the CBC, CTV, TSN (including alternate feeds and TSN2), Sportsnet and CanWest/Global across Canada and by all national carriers in the U.S. Just click on the specific year that you are interested in.

      I hope you enjoy it. And PLEASE contact me if you spot any errors or omissions. I want this to be as accurate as possible.

      Timmy B

    • mvigne@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
        What about the French tv, Radio-Canada and RDS?

        Michel Vigneault

        _http://the506.http://thhttp://the50http://the_
        (http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1244077149)

        It is an index that lists every single Stanley Cup playoff game that has
        been televised by the CBC, CTV, TSN (including alternate feeds and TSN2),
        Sportsnet and <WBR>CanWest/Global across Canada and by all national carriers

      • Swanrvr80@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
          Great stuff, thanks for posting it. If only the games that were broadcasted still existed in some form instead of being lost. One note, in 1973 you have the Blackhawks and the Bruins in round 2 instead of the Blackhawks and the Rangers.

          Jay in Milford

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
            Very interesting list. Thanks for posting.

            Z. Peter Mitchell

            In a message dated 1/2/2010 9:34:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            coolbrul@... writes:

            Hi there,

            First off, wishing everyone on the hockey history group a very happy and
            healthy 2010.

            I thought being a history group, I thought I woud share this link with
            you:

            http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1244077149

            It is an index that lists every single Stanley Cup playoff game that has
            been televised by the CBC, CTV, TSN (including alternate feeds and TSN2),
            Sportsnet and CanWest/Global across Canada and by all national carriers in
            the U.S. Just click on the specific year that you are interested in.

            I hope you enjoy it. And PLEASE contact me if you spot any errors or
            omissions. I want this to be as accurate as possible.

            Timmy B

          • MoreyH
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2010
              Not quite complete. WHen Gordie Howe was injured in 1950, he said he was looking forward to watching the Detroit-Toronto series in his hiospital room, so therefore, it must have been televised.

              Here's the link to the staory:

              http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=FwoKAAAAIBAJ&sjid=1DsDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6928,4083744&dq=stanley+cup+televised&hl=en

              --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, Tim M Holly Brulia <coolbrul@...> wrote:

              > Hi there,
              >
              > First off, wishing everyone on the hockey history group a very happy and healthy 2010.
              >
              > I thought being a history group, I thought I woud share this link with you:
              >
              > http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1244077149
              >
              > It is an index that lists every single Stanley Cup playoff game that has been televised by the CBC, CTV, TSN (including alternate feeds and TSN2), Sportsnet and CanWest/Global across Canada and by all national carriers in the U.S. Just click on the specific year that you are interested in.
              >
              > I hope you enjoy it. And PLEASE contact me if you spot any errors or omissions. I want this to be as accurate as possible.
              >
              > Timmy B

            • Tim M Holly Brulia
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 7, 2010
                Morey,

                The telecast in question must have carried locally in Detroit. I did not include local playoff telecasts in the index.

                U.S. telecasts and commentators include those on NBC, Versus/OLN, ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, Fox, CBS, SportsChannel America, USA, Hughes, NHL Network (1976-79) and NHL Network (2008-09), one known HBO telecast and any nationally syndicated carrier.

                The only local telecasts included are those feeds that were picked up by a national carrier either in Canada or the U.S.

                ________________________________
                Not quite complete. WHen Gordie Howe was injured in 1950, he said he was looking forward to watching the Detroit-Toronto series in his hiospital room, so therefore, it must have been televised.

                Here's the link to the staory:

                http://news. google.com/ newspapers? id=FwoKAAAAIBAJ& sjid=1DsDAAAAIBA J&pg=6928, 4083744&dq= stanley+cup+ televised& hl=en

                --- In hockhist@yahoogroup s.com, Tim M Holly Brulia <coolbrul@.. .> wrote:

                > Hi there,
                >
                > First off, wishing everyone on the hockey history group a very happy and healthy 2010.
                >
                > I thought being a history group, I thought I woud share this link with you:
                >
                > http://the506. com/yabb/ YaBB.pl?num= 1244077149
                >
                > It is an index that lists every single Stanley Cup playoff game that has been televised by the CBC, CTV, TSN (including alternate feeds and TSN2), Sportsnet and  CanWest/Global across Canada and by all national carriers in the U.S. Just click on the specific year that you are interested in.
                >
                > I hope you enjoy it. And PLEASE contact me if you spot any errors or omissions. I want this to be as accurate as possible.
                >
                > Timmy B

              • Paul Patskou
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 7, 2010
                  Its nice to see that someone took the time to accumulate all this info.

                  From what I know, a TV station in Detroit was televising the last periods of home games around that time. They probably covered more of the Stanley Cup finals.

                  I checked the link from 1953 that appeared on that site and the info is not correct.  There were no english telecasts of HNIC for 1952-53 - that didn't start until the following season.  The Stanley Cup finals were called in french by Rene Lecavalier.  I can confirm the final game of the 1953 finals was televised because I have a copy of it.

                  I jumped to 1959 and its lists game 1 of the semis between Boston and Toronto was televised and it wasn't.

                  This would be a difficult project to have all the correct information.

                  The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier. Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/
                • mvigne@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 7, 2010
                    What about the French tv, Radio-Canada and RDS?

                    Michel Vigneault

                    In a message dated 2010-01-07 14:20:28 Eastern Standard Time,
                    epenaltybox@... writes:

                    Not quite complete. WHen Gordie Howe was injured in 1950, he said he was
                    looking forward to watching the Detroit-Toronto series in his hiospital
                    room, so therefore, it must have been televised.

                    Here's the link to the staory:

                    _http://news.http://newshttp://newshttp://news.<WB&<WBR>sjid=1DsDAA<&pg=6928
                    ,pg=6928&dq=dq=<WBR>standq=<WBR>s&<WBR>_

                    --- In _hockhist@yahoogrouphockh_ (mailto:hockhist@yahoogroups.com) , Tim
                    M Holly Brulia <coolbrul@..c> wrote:

                    > Hi there,
                    >
                    > First off, wishing everyone on the hockey history group a very happy and
                    healthy 2010.

                    > I thought being a history group, I thought I woud share this link with
                    you:

                    > _http://the506.http://thhttp://the50http://the_
                    (http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1244077149)

                    > It is an index that lists every single Stanley Cup playoff game that has
                    been televised by the CBC, CTV, TSN (including alternate feeds and TSN2),
                    Sportsnet and <WBR>CanWest/Global across Canada and by all national
                    carriers in the U.S. Just click on the specific year that you are interested

                    > I hope you enjoy it. And PLEASE contact me if you spot any errors or
                    omissions. I want this to be as accurate as possible.

                    > Timmy B

                  • MoreyH
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 14, 2010
                      Tim,

                      I think you're off to a fanstastic start. It would be a great contribution if you can add the US and local telecasts (not really fair because the Maple Leafs really didn't have a local telecast, did they?), and of course, Michel is right, we need to add the RDS (not really fair because the Canadiens really couldn't have a major national telecast in French).

                      Keep up the good work!

                      Morey