Re:Calgary Flames given flu shots while public waits

    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 5, 2009
      I wouldn't go that far Morey.

      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 5, 2009
        If Harold really wanted to punish the guy he would have hired him! :-)

      • MoreyH
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 5, 2009
          Bill,

          I suspect that the Flames and NHL actually gains interest and exposure thanks to this.

          Morey

          --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "William Underwood" <wausport@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > to SOMEONE who GAVE them the documentation or whatever.who behaved illegally
          > the Flames or that person? As far as the families go.they are living with a
          > person who is above average risk for exposure and remember pro athletes are
          > WELL above average.they are in the public eye all of the time travel to many
          > different areas with different rates of infection, drink out of the same
          > water bottles as one another, sweat on each other etc.say a player gets it
          > and passes it on to his kid and that kid goes to school and passes it
          > on.these guys families are at above average risk along with them.
          >

          > Yep its deplorable alright.why I'll bet they get maybe ohh ZERO ticket
          > cancellations.and I'll bet the TV ratings a re effected ohh about
          > nothing.you may be the only guy out there with the "move to Vegas sign" when
          > they come into town and smart money says there will be the normal jubilation
          > the next time they kick Oiler tail.and if anyone did anything against the
          > rules it was the guy who gave the green light for them to move up in
          > line...if you need a witch hunt that is whop it ought to be for. Then again
          > a standard investigation into a corrupt or lousy civil servant isn't news is
          > it.especially if you hate the NHL? If one wants to investigate a crisis in
          > hockey and travesty.they ought to start one on the Leafs for fraud.claiming
          > that Toronto has an NHL team! :-) A PR faux pas? Maybe. But considering the
          > league stripped two great hockey towns of their teams and have placed teams
          > in places where one could actually have the swine flu and NOT pass it on or
          > be in witness protection yet be perfectly safe at a game and we won't even
          > get into the rest of the litany of Chapter 11 teams.it is a SMALL one. I
          > have to laugh.football has a complete scum bag like Michael Vick in their
          > ranks playing as if all is hum dandy and a legion of other scum bags in the
          > fold and we are actually saying this is an issue? Hockey and the folks who
          > are involved must be pretty good.in fact I am grateful everyday I am in this
          > sport as opposed to the others. We have basketball players chasing their
          > naked wife into the street at gun point (thank you Mr. Iverson) we are
          > constantly hearing about which chemical made which home run hitter into Babe
          > Ruth Jr. in baseball all of the time and football reads like a sick episode
          > of law and order laced with guys that have ACTUALLY killed people.we are
          > complaining because a team got ahead in a flu line thanks to some bureaucrat
          > and our poster boy fro sleaze was Avery last year who in the NFL would be
          > given "citizen of the year".:-) Yep Craig the NHL has REAL PR problems.at
          > least we don't have to wonder about what juice broke which record, list a
          > rap sheet along with stats for the players and have team stats for people
          > "killed wounded and missing action" thanks to their off the field or court
          > conduct.yep we have a REAL problem here!

        • MoreyH
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 5, 2009
            LMAO!

            However, would Harold really want a cop working in the ticket office or equipment room or board room of MLG in the 70s and 80s?

            Holy smokes, if swine flu vaccination has the entire nation up in arms, what would happen with molestation and misappropriation? Or do Canadians only care when they can't get something they want?

            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 6, 2009
              Well Harold did spend time in the slammer once so having a cop around
              watching the office might have reminded him of old times. :-)