geocities alternatives

  • Frank Liebmann
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
      All,

      Geocities is shutting down their free homepages this fall. I have relied on Geocities for quite a few years to have informative pages on the internet.

      Do any of you know of an alternative to geocites?

      Frank
    • Bill Knauert
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
        I think Tripod offers free sites.
        Bill
         John 3:16

        ________________________________
        Geocities is shutting down their free homepages this fall. I have relied on Geocities for quite a few years to have informative pages on the internet.

        Do any of you know of an alternative to geocites?

        Frank

      • James Milks
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009
          sites.google.com

          _____

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009
            --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, Frank Liebmann <texliebmann@...> wrote:

            > All,
            >
            > Geocities is shutting down their free homepages this fall. I have relied on Geocities for quite a few years to have informative pages on the internet.
            >
            > Do any of you know of an alternative to geocites?

            I like Google Pages, but it is going away, too; however, those sites are being automatically migrated to Google Sites (also free), which is open for new account sign-ups.

            http://sites.google.com/

            Pattie