WHA Racers screening in Indy June 6

  • PCMP
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi all,

      The film premieres for my new 2-DVD set "Gretzky, Indy & The WHA" went great in Toronto at the HHOF and in Kingston at the IHHOF last week. This Saturday, June 6, we'll debut the film in Indianapolis -- and I hope hockey fans come out in Indy to see their own history. See a press release below.

      I've also started documentary productions for the WHA Houston Aeros and WHA Winnipeg Jets, and welcome any good quality video footage anyone might have of those teams. Much more info soon!

      “GRETZKY, INDY & THE W.H.A.” DVD-SET
      DEBUTS at INDY IMAX on SATURDAY, JUNE 6

      The two-DVD box-set “Gretzky, Indy & The W.H.A.” will debut in Indianapolis, Indiana on Saturday, June 6 at the Indiana State Museum’s IMAX Theater. Hockey author and the box set’s director, Timothy Gassen, will host the public screening, which will also feature an autograph session with former Racers players and coaches. Former Racers slated for the event include WHA and NHL All-Star Pat Stapleton.

      The box set documents the turbulent 1970s era of the World Hockey Association and Wayne Gretzky’s entry into major league hockey with the Indianapolis Racers in 1978. The new DVD set premiered at a gala reception on May 16 at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, Canada. The June 6 IMAX event will be the only screening in Indianapolis.

      “Gretzky, Indy & The W.H.A.” features a team documentary with newly found 1978 footage of Wayne Gretzky’s first moments as a major leaguer, both with the Indianapolis Racers and WHA Edmonton Oilers. Restored game video, WHA All-Star highlights and a WHA fight reel are also included. Go to www.whaRACERS.com for a video trailer.

      As a bonus, an electronic version of Gassen’s previously published Indianapolis Racers book is included, along with hundreds of pages of team statistics and more than three hours of restored WHA game radio broadcasts.

      Indianapolis IMAX tickets are $13.50 and are available at www.imax.com/indy/tickets.htm

      The two-DVD set has a suggested retail price of $29.95 (US), and is available directly from www.whaRACERS.com and also Amazon.com, and at the Indy screening.

      INDIANAPOLIS EVENT: Saturday, June 6 at the IMAX Theater
      650 W. Washington St, 7pm-10pm, $13.50

      director Timothy Gassen and All-Star player Pat Stapleton will be in Indianapolis on Friday, June 5 for advance interviews.

      info@...
      www.whaRACERS.com