1966-67 NHL season

  • Heather & Wayne
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8 8:23 PM
      On November 23rd the Maple Leafs scored on a penalty shot against the Black Hawks. To my knowledge this is the only penalty shot issued during this season. Can someone verify it for me.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8 8:38 PM
        can not confirm it was the only penalty shot of the season, but can confirm
        it was called by john ashley, in a 3-2 toronto win at chicago with linesmen
        john d'amico and brian popp
        **************Check all of your email inboxes from anywhere on the web. Try
        the new Email Toolbar now!
        (http://toolbar.aol.com/mail/download.html?ncid=txtlnkusdown00000027)

      • Swanrvr80@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9 12:33 AM
          On December 21, 1966, Dallas Smith was stopped by Ed Giacomin on a penalty
          shot and on February 4, 1967, John Bucyk scored on a penalty shot against
          Giacomin.

          Jay in Milford

          In a message dated 3/8/2009 11:28:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          brwnhill@... writes:

          On November 23rd the Maple Leafs scored on a penalty shot against the Black
          Hawks. To my knowledge this is the only penalty shot issued during this
          season. Can someone verify it for me.

          steps!
          %3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)

        • Paul Patskou
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 9 6:26 AM
            Bob Nevin scored on a penalty shot against Toronto for the Rangers only goal in a 3-1 loss to the Leafs. It happened on Nov. 5, 1966 at 6:10 of the third period.

            On November 23rd the Maple Leafs scored on a penalty shot against the Black Hawks. To my knowledge this is the only penalty shot issued during this season. Can someone verify it for me.

          • nieforth
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 9 9:51 PM
              1966-1967 NHL Season
              --- PENALTY SHOT SUMMARY ---
              1. Bob Nevin (NYR) scored against Terry Sawchuk (TOR)
              Nov 5. Final Score: NYR 1 at TOR 3
              2. Frank Mahovlich (TOR) scored against Glenn Hall (CHI)
              Nov 23. Final Score: CHI 3 at TOR 6
              3. Dallas Smith (BOS) unsuccessful against Ed Giacomin (NYR)
              Dec 21. Final Score: BOS 1 at NYR 5
              4. Norm Ullman (DET) scored against Glenn Hall (CHI)
              Jan 5. Final Score: CHI 4 at DET 6
              5. John Bucyk (BOS) scored against Ed Giacomin (NYR)
              Feb 4. Final Score: NYR 4 at BOS 3
              6. Pete Stemkowski (TOR) unsuccessful against Roger Crozier (DET)
              Feb 8. Final Score: DET 5 at TOR 2
              7. Bob Dillabough (BOS) unsuccessful against Glenn Hall (CHI)
              Feb 25. Final Score: BOS 3 at CHI 6