Book on the 1974 Canada-Soviet Summit

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
      My book on the 1974 Canada-Soviet summit series is now for sale! I hope some of you will check it out. It will also appear on the web pages of such firms as Amazon, Chapters, Barnes and Noble, etc.

      Craig Wallace

      http://www.lulu.com/content/5929153

    • Swanrvr80@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
        Best of luck Craig! Congratulations.

        Jay

        In a message dated 2/2/2009 5:28:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        bflynn3@... writes:

        My book on the 1974 Canada-Soviet summit series is now for sale! I hope some
        of you will check it out. It will also appear on the web pages of such firms
        as Amazon, Chapters, Barnes and Noble, etc.

        Craig Wallace

        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http://www.dell.com/co
        ntent/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals?c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s=d
        hs%26~ck=anavml)

      • Craig
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
          Thanks Jay!

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
            Hi Craig:

            Congratulations. I look forward to reading it.

            Brad

            Craig wrote:

            > My book on the 1974 Canada-Soviet summit series is now for sale! I
            > hope some of you will check it out. It will also appear on the web
            > pages of such firms as Amazon, Chapters, Barnes and Noble, etc.
            >
            > Craig Wallace
            >
            > http://www.lulu.com/content/5929153 <http://www.lulu.com/content/5929153>

          • James Benesh
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
              It's about time there was a book about that series.

              Is it going to be available in hardcover?

              James
            • penttilund
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                My memory tells me that the 1974 Canada-Soviet series involved the
                World Hockey Association guys against the Soviets as distinct from the
                1972 series that involved the NHlers against the Soviets.

                Yes or No?

                Pentti Lund

                -----------------

                --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, Brad Kurtzberg <sealshockey@...> wrote:

                > Hi Craig:
                >
                > Congratulations. I look forward to reading it.
                >
                > Brad
                >
                > Craig wrote:
                > >
                > > My book on the 1974 Canada-Soviet summit series is now for sale! I
                > > hope some of you will check it out. It will also appear on the web
                > > pages of such firms as Amazon, Chapters, Barnes and Noble, etc.
                > >
                > > Craig Wallace
                > >
                > > http://www.lulu.com/content/5929153
                <http://www.lulu.com/content/5929153>

              • PCMP
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                  Congrats, Craig!  As a major WHA fan, I'm looking forward to it. Did you manage an interview with Bobby Hull? I'd be especially interested to hear his thoughts, since he was not allowed to play in the 1972 series...

                  Best,
                  Timothy Gassen
                  whaRACERS.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                    Hi James,

                    It will only be available in trade paperback.

                    You are right though. It is such a shame that this series has basically been forgotten. The quality of the hockey was superb and both teams really acquitted themselves well.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                      Hi Tim,

                      No I didn't speak to Bobby Hull. I did interview Rick Smith and Brad Selwood and I delved quite deep into the history of the WHA as well as Canada/Soviet games from 1954-1974. I gave an entire chapter to Father David Bauer and the Nats as well as one on the 1972 Summit all in an effort to "set the stage" for 1974.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 2, 2009
                        You are dead on!