Re: [hockhist] Indy Racer question

  • PCMP
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2009
      Hi Doug,

      The WHA major league Indianapolis Racers played all their exhibition games in the (then)brand-new Market Square Arena downtown. They did, on occasion, practice on the ancient Fargrounds ice -- if there was a conflict with another event at MSA -- but the Fairgrounds was avoided if at all possible.

      In acquiring footage for my upcoming WHA Racers DVD set, I found an early 1974 exhibition game the Racers played in their home jerseys against the NHL Red Wings that at first look appears to be at the Fairgrounds --  but it was actually in Ft. Wayne, IN at the ice of the minor league Komets.

      Hope that helps!

      Timothy Gassen
      whaRACERS.com