question for the group mind.....

  • Bob Borgen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2008
      Hi,

      Can anyone help with weather conditions (!) and/or game summaries for the following outdoor hockey games:

      9-27-91 Rangers-Kings from Las Vegas

      11-22-03 Montreal-Edmonton

      10-6-01 Michigan-Michigan St.- East Lansing, Mich

      2-11-06 Ohio St.-Wisconsin from Lambeau Field

      1-1-08 Pittsburgh-Buffalo

      thanks,

      Bob B.
    • epenaltybox
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2008
        I remember watching the 9-27-91 game on Prime Ticket. The weather
        was wonderful, but there were lots of bugs. Bob Miller wrote about
        the game in his book that came out last year (and photo of you atop
        Calgary Tower with him were in).

        Morey

        --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, Bob Borgen <blueline@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Can anyone help with weather conditions (!) and/or game summaries
        for the following outdoor hockey games:

        > 9-27-91 Rangers-Kings from Las Vegas
        >
        > 11-22-03 Montreal-Edmonton
        >
        > 10-6-01 Michigan-Michigan St.- East Lansing, Mich
        >
        > 2-11-06 Ohio St.-Wisconsin from Lambeau Field
        >
        > 1-1-08 Pittsburgh-Buffalo
        >

        > thanks,
        >
        > Bob B.

      • epenaltybox
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2008
          Oh, incidentally, the game was played at Caesar's Palace, which was
          owned by Paramount, which owned the Rangers.

          Found this out accidentally when I was at Caesar's and asked at the
          sports book why they didn't carry hockey futures. It was explained to
          me that the NHL forbade Paramount from offering hockey at Caesar's as
          a condition of keeping their franchise.

          Morey