Tony Esposito Question

  • craig_1965ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8 10:20 AM
      Tony Esposito played college hockey at Michigan Tech in the 1960's. My
      question to the group is, was he ever approached by or did he ever try
      out for the Canadian National Team under Father David Bauer? I ask this
      as Esposito would have seemed to be an idea candidate for the "Nats."
      Father Dave was looking for players who wanted a good education and
      play top caliber hockey. I would have thought that Father Dave would
      have been all over Esposito (even while keeping in mind he was strong
      in net with Seth Martin.)

      And as far as Esposito is concerned he would have been playing a much
      better caliber of hockey if he had tried out for and made the Nats as
      opposed to the NCAA of the 1960's.