1984-85 Dan Bouchard stealing losses from Gosselin!

  • Doug Norris
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008
      That meanie Bouchard!

      Hello, all - some of you may remember that I like to pore through old boxscores
      to recreate goaltender logs. I've been working on the 1984-85 season for quite
      some time - thanks to seventy-hour work weeks and actuarial exams on top of
      that - but I've discovered a few things that I've mentioned here already (most
      notably, the NHL assigning one of Pelle Lindbergh's 18 losses to Bob Froese.)

      Currently, I'm almost done - but I'm wrestling with Dan Bouchard and Mario
      Gosselin. I have Dan Bouchard with 30 games played and a W/L/T record of
      12-14-4. I also have Mario Gosselin with 35 games played and a W/L/T record of
      19-10-3. Both of these records match the end-of-season totals from the Toronto
      Star.

      However, the official sources of today list Bouchard with one fewer game
      played, and gives one of his losses to Gosselin. Can anyone explain what
      happened?

      These are the fourteen losses I currently have assigned to Bouchard:
      10/19 at Buffalo
      10/23 vs. Montreal
      10/27 vs. NY Rangers
      11/10 vs. Hartford
      11/13 vs. Los Angeles
      11/27 vs. Washington (Gosselin also played)
      12/18 vs. Washington
      12/27 vs. Montreal
      1/8 vs. Edmonton
      1/27 at Buffalo
      2/2 at Detroit (Gosselin also played)
      2/14 at Philadelphia
      3/8 at Winnipeg
      4/6 at Hartford

      Which one was later given to Gosselin? Any help from those smarter and/or with
      more resources than I would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks!
      Doug
      http://hockeygoalies.org