Off The Post

  • Risto Pakarinen
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 23, 2007
      Not sure if this has anything to do with hockey history, but since
      there are a bunch of hockeymaniacs here, I thought that you might be
      interested in checking out my new book: Off The Post: hockey stories
      from across the world, a collection of my stories from nhl.com.

      Here's the URL: http://www.OffThePostTheBook.com

      Have a good one,
      Risto
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
        Is there an English version? It looks VERY interesting!

      • Risto Pakarinen
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
          Thanks. And yes, the book is written in English.

          Risto

          On Nov 24, 2007, at 4:55 PM, William Underwood wrote:

          > Is there an English version? It looks VERY interesting!

        • Frank Liebmann
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
            How many books have been written by people on this list?

            James Mancuso (who used to be on this list) just came out with a book on
            ECHL history.
            http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic.cgi?action=show_news&id=12632

            Risto, I see you have a Swedish homepage as well. Will you be posting an
            English homepage.

            Frank

            Risto Pakarinen wrote:

            > Not sure if this has anything to do with hockey history, but since
            > there are a bunch of hockeymaniacs here, I thought that you might be
            > interested in checking out my new book: Off The Post: hockey stories
            > from across the world, a collection of my stories from nhl.com.
            >
            > Here's the URL: http://www.OffThePostTheBook.com
            > <http://www.OffThePostTheBook.com>
            >
            > Have a good one,
            > Risto

          • Risto Pakarinen
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
              Sorry about this repeat, but I noticed that the link may not have
              worked last time, because the period at the end of the sentence got in
              the way. So, this is the URL

              http://www.offthepostthebook.com/

              On Nov 24, 2007, at 4:55 PM, William Underwood wrote:

              > Is there an English version? It looks VERY interesting!

            • Sebastien Tremblay
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 22, 2007
                Hi,

                would anyone be able to provide me with the shot
                breakdown and ice time for the goalies involved in the
                following games. I have already searched the Sporting
                News, Winnipeg Free Press, Globe & Mail, NY Times, LA
                Times and Chicago Tribune but with no luck on those.

                October 5, 1976 Toronto-Colorado (Favell-Plasse)
                October 9, 1976 Cleveland-Washington (Shots between
                Low and Wolfe)
                October 15, 1976 Chicago-Colorado (Favell-Plasse)
                October 19, 1976 Boston-St-Louis (shots
                Johnston-Staniowski)
                October 21, 1976 Cleveland-St-Louis (shots
                Johnston-Staniowski)
                November 15, 1976 Montreal-St-Louis (shots
                Johnston-Staniowski)
                December 4, 1976 Rangers-Minnesota (G.Smith-LoPresti)
                December 16, 1977 Detroit-Vancouver (Ridley-Bullock)
                January 8, 1977 Montreal-Washington (Wolfe-Low)
                January 18, 1977 Chicago-Colorado (Plasse-Favell)
                February 10, 1977 Detroit-Rangers (shots
                Soetaert-Gratton)
                February 15, 1977 Detroit-Colorado (shots
                Rutherford-Richardson)
                March 1, 1977 Detroit-Boston (shots
                Giacomin-Rutherford)
                March 1, 1977 Islanders-Montreal (shots Smith-Resch)
                March 8, 1977 Chicago-Los Angeles (Villemure-Esposito)
                March 15, 1977 Cleveland-Washington (Wolfe-Low)
                March 16, 1977 Toronto-Colorado (shots
                Thomas-Palmateer)
                March 25, 1977 Washington-Rangers (Crozier-Wolfe and
                Davidson-Gratton)
                March 27, 1977 Montreal-Detroit (Giacomin-Rutherford)
                April 2, 1977 Washington-Montreal (Wolfe-Low)
                April 3, 1977 Minnesota-Vancouver (Ridley-Maniago)
                April 7, 1977 Buffalo-Minnesota (LoPresti-G.Smith)
                April 13, 1977 St-Louis-Montreal (Staniowski-Johnston)

                Any help would be greatly appreciated

                Sebastien
                http://www.goaltenders.info

                Looking for a X-Mas gift? Everybody needs a Flickr Pro Account.

                http://www.flickr.com/gift/