Boston Bruins, 1965-66

  • nybos1974
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 19, 2007
      Does anyone have the sweater numbers for the 65/66 Boston Bruins team?
      Is there a website for questions like this? The Rangers have very a
      detailed history on their website - including the numbers the players
      wore each year - but most other teams do not. Thanks in advance.

      Jay in Milford
    • Jason Kasiorek
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 19, 2007
        Jay,

        Here is what I have:

        1965-66 Boston Bruins (NHL)
        1 G Eddie Johnston
        4 D Albert Langlois
        6 D Ted Green
        7 C Pit Martin
        8 D Bob Woytowich
        9 LW Johnny Bucyk
        10 D Gilles Marotte
        11 RW Tommy Williams
        12 C Ron Stewart
        14 C Forbes Kennedy
        14 C Terry Crisp
        16 C Murray Oliver
        17 LW Dean Prentice
        18 RW Ed Westfall
        19 RW John McKenzie
        19 LW Reggie Fleming
        20 D Leo Boivin
        20 D Dallas Smith
        21 C Skip Krake
        21 RW Bill Goldsworthy
        21 C Parker MacDonald
        22 C Bob Dillabough
        23 LW Wayne Maxner
        23 C Ron Schock
        24 D Bob Leiter
        25 D Gary Doak
        25 RW Wayne Rivers
        25 D Barry Ashbee
        26 D Don Awrey
        26 D Murray Davison
        27 RW Gary Dornhoefer
        27 C Derek Sanderson
        27 LW Jean-Paul Parise
        27 D John Arbour
        28 RW Ron Murphy
        29 D Poul Popiel
        29 G Bob Ring
        29 LW Don Marcotte
        30 G Bernie Parent
        31 G Gerry Cheevers

        Hope that Helps,

        --
        Jason Kasiorek
        Publisher

        From: "nybos1974" <Swanrvr80@...>
        Subject: [hockhist] Boston Bruins, 1965-66

        Does anyone have the sweater numbers for the 65/66 Boston Bruins team?

      • Swanrvr80@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 20, 2007
          In a message dated 9/19/2007 3:30:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          jkasiorek@... writes:

          Jay,

          Here is what I have:

          1965-66 Boston Bruins (NHL)

          Thanks Jason! This also tells me what number Mckenzie had when traded for
          Fleming.

          Jay

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 20, 2007
            I just noticed something. I have a newspaper recap (NY Times) from a game
            between Boston and New York from Dec. 26, 1965. Both Bill Goldsworthy and
            Parker MacDonald are listed as playing. They couldn't have both worn #21.
            Anyone have an answer?

            By the way, this was the game where Teddy Green speared Phil Goyette. Bill
            Jennings wanted a bounty put on Green's head and Emile Francis was quoted as
            saying he thought it was a deliberate act. Goyette missed about a month. I
            interviewed Goyette and he told me he thought it was an accident.

            Jay

            In a message dated 9/19/2007 3:30:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            jkasiorek@... writes:

            Jay,

            Here is what I have:

            1965-66 Boston Bruins (NHL)
            1 G Eddie Johnston
            4 D Albert Langlois
            6 D Ted Green
            7 C Pit Martin
            8 D Bob Woytowich
            9 LW Johnny Bucyk
            10 D Gilles Marotte
            11 RW Tommy Williams
            12 C Ron Stewart
            14 C Forbes Kennedy
            14 C Terry Crisp
            16 C Murray Oliver
            17 LW Dean Prentice
            18 RW Ed Westfall
            19 RW John McKenzie
            19 LW Reggie Fleming
            20 D Leo Boivin
            20 D Dallas Smith
            21 C Skip Krake
            21 RW Bill Goldsworthy
            21 C Parker MacDonald
            22 C Bob Dillabough
            23 LW Wayne Maxner
            23 C Ron Schock
            24 D Bob Leiter
            25 D Gary Doak
            25 RW Wayne Rivers
            25 D Barry Ashbee
            26 D Don Awrey
            26 D Murray Davison
            27 RW Gary Dornhoefer
            27 C Derek Sanderson
            27 LW Jean-Paul Parise
            27 D John Arbour
            28 RW Ron Murphy
            29 D Poul Popiel
            29 G Bob Ring
            29 LW Don Marcotte
            30 G Bernie Parent
            31 G Gerry Cheevers

            Hope that Helps,

            --
            Jason Kasiorek
            Publisher

          • nieforth
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 20, 2007
              The game day lineup in the NY Times listed that MacDonald would wear
              #21 and Goldsworthy #28.

              Joseph

            • Swanrvr80@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007
                Thanks! I copied that article in the NY Times and in my edition the
                numbers weren't listed.

                Jay

                #21 and Goldsworthy #28.

                Joseph