Re: Horrible NHL teams

  • Douglas Holste
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 30, 2007
      William,

      Your first paragragh reminds me of the title of Sport Illustrated
      preview article of the first WHA season: "WHA: Faith, Hope, and
      Parity"

      Doug

      In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "William Underwood" <wausport@...>
      wrote:

      > There is no doubt there.there are less rules for a rival league
      than the
      > myriad of lists that you have to work your way around in an
      established one.
      > There is also the matter of caliber of play-- you don't need to
      build a team
      > to play against the best teams in the sport in a new league, an
      expansion
      > team has to worry about not getting murdered too badly by
      established
      > organizations. Teams in a new league all start at the same
      level.and it
      > won't be the very top level.
      >

      > At the same time, you have the challenge of convincing players to
      come to a
      > new league and take the risks that are inherent to a new venture.
      Now some

      Message 2 of 22 , May 1 9:15 AM
        There is a simple reason for that.the Isles lost a bevy of their expansion
        draft picks to the WHA.

        Message 3 of 22 , May 1 9:17 AM
          Yep it brings back memories.all I can say is having been through the drill
          several times.a rival league is FUN to work with-if the checks keep coming
          and are not made of rubber that is.:-)