Re: History of Hockey in Seattle

  • Douglas Holste
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      Jeff, Congratulations on your book. Sound great and I would like do
      something similar some day. I have a question about a Seattle player
      from the 1971-72 season. John Shmyr (Paul's brother) appeared in five
      games for the Totems that year. Did you have any information on him
      playing for other team that year or anyother year? Namely a Shmyr
      family run club out of Vancouver BC called the Shmyr flyers?

      Doug

      --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "jobermeyer2" <jobermeyer2@...> wrote:

      > After over five years of research, writing and editing, I am proud to
      > announce the release of "Emerald Ice - Hockey in Seattle from 1915-
      > 75", a complete history of professional hockey in Seattle. This self-
      > published book, limited to 100 signed and individually numbered
      > copies, is 284 pages and spiral bound for ease of use.
      >
      > "Emerald Ice" includes summaries of each season, anecdotes, and a
      > detailed look at the attempts to bring an NHL team to Seattle. In
      > addition, the appendices provide all the statistics you could ever
      > want - individual player stats for every player ever to suit up in
      > Seattle during the professional era, league standings, all-time
      > single season and career leaders, and more. I've even included some
      > information on the amateur City Hockey League.
      >
      > "Emerald Ice" is currently only available directly from me at a cost
      > of $20, plus $6 shipping in the US and Canada (no shipping charges if
      > I can get the book directly to you locally in the Seattle area).
      > Please feel free to email me if you'd like additional information at
      > jobermeyer2@..., or check out my website at
      > http://www.seattlehockey.net
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Jeff

    • jobermeyer2
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        Doug - I don't have any additional info on Shmyr. The Totems cycled
        through a ton of players that season (they only won 12 games), and
        most of the roster moves weren't elaborated upon in the press - there
        were just too many guys coming in and out of the lineup.

        Jeff

        --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Holste" <holste42@...>