Re: History of Hockey in Seattle

  • francz
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2007
      Please put me down for a copy. I'll work out payment details shortly.

      Congratulations Jeff on an obvious labour of love, and good luck!

      Rob in 905

      jobermeyer2 <jobermeyer2@...> wrote:
      After over five years of research, writing and editing, I am proud to
      announce the release of "Emerald Ice - Hockey in Seattle from 1915-
      75", a complete history of professional hockey in Seattle. This self-
      published book, limited to 100 signed and individually numbered
      copies, is 284 pages and spiral bound for ease of use.

      "Emerald Ice" includes summaries of each season, anecdotes, and a
      detailed look at the attempts to bring an NHL team to Seattle. In
      addition, the appendices provide all the statistics you could ever
      want - individual player stats for every player ever to suit up in
      Seattle during the professional era, league standings, all-time
      single season and career leaders, and more. I've even included some
      information on the amateur City Hockey League.

      "Emerald Ice" is currently only available directly from me at a cost
      of $20, plus $6 shipping in the US and Canada (no shipping charges if
      I can get the book directly to you locally in the Seattle area).
      Please feel free to email me if you'd like additional information at
      jobermeyer2@..., or check out my website at
      http://www.seattlehockey.net

      Thanks,

      Jeff

    • Douglas Holste
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        Jeff, Congratulations on your book. Sound great and I would like do
        something similar some day. I have a question about a Seattle player
        from the 1971-72 season. John Shmyr (Paul's brother) appeared in five
        games for the Totems that year. Did you have any information on him
        playing for other team that year or anyother year? Namely a Shmyr
        family run club out of Vancouver BC called the Shmyr flyers?

        Doug

        --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "jobermeyer2" <jobermeyer2@...> wrote:

        > After over five years of research, writing and editing, I am proud to
        > announce the release of "Emerald Ice - Hockey in Seattle from 1915-
        > 75", a complete history of professional hockey in Seattle. This self-
        > published book, limited to 100 signed and individually numbered
        > copies, is 284 pages and spiral bound for ease of use.
        >
        > "Emerald Ice" includes summaries of each season, anecdotes, and a
        > detailed look at the attempts to bring an NHL team to Seattle. In
        > addition, the appendices provide all the statistics you could ever
        > want - individual player stats for every player ever to suit up in
        > Seattle during the professional era, league standings, all-time
        > single season and career leaders, and more. I've even included some
        > information on the amateur City Hockey League.
        >
        > "Emerald Ice" is currently only available directly from me at a cost
        > of $20, plus $6 shipping in the US and Canada (no shipping charges if
        > I can get the book directly to you locally in the Seattle area).
        > Please feel free to email me if you'd like additional information at
        > jobermeyer2@..., or check out my website at
        > http://www.seattlehockey.net
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jeff

      • jobermeyer2
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
          Doug - I don't have any additional info on Shmyr. The Totems cycled
          through a ton of players that season (they only won 12 games), and
          most of the roster moves weren't elaborated upon in the press - there
          were just too many guys coming in and out of the lineup.

          Jeff

          --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Holste" <holste42@...>