Re:OHL to NCAA

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13 10:01 AM
      Yes it is often true that a team official will deny issues but in this case
      there are many other things to consider.

      1-Unless he plans to come back to then OHL his NCAA eligibility has taken a
      HUGE HIT and it makes little to NO sense.

      2-Being involved in the game, when a situation like this happens you tend to
      use words like "we expect" or "we plan on having him back" not "will be
      back". Could he have done otherwise? Sure!

      3-The London Free Press has no article stating that he is gone and he is due
      back home today. Reporters are pretty good at sniffing this stuff out.

      4-We get into contractual/transfer issues. He is under contract to the
      Knights and there is a myriad of rules regarding a player leaving a team
      without a release and yes USA Hockey and Hockey Canada have agreements in
      place.

      5-We have had no statement from the player or his rep.

      6-All we hear this from are fan forum type of sites where the people who
      post don't have to cross check sources etc. They can say anything that they
      want! Can these things be right sometimes? YES! But the biggest credibility
      that we have is "this was posted by two Knights fans who are often right".
      Still where is the original source for them? We just don't know.a reporter
      will say at least a "source close to the family".someone in the business
      will say "an official" or at least an idea of where we know it from. I know
      that I always try to footnote my responses even here that way. Here we just
      have no idea where the original root is for this. Could it be accurate? Yes.
      But I would also not take it as gospel. :-)

      Fans can be useful for info. I use booster club types sometimes for certain
      stuff. But only in context.do they really KNOW the player? Has he say lived
      with them? Have they had dealings with him regularly? And exactly what are
      they telling me and where are they getting it? An example of where they can
      REALLY help is that sometimes they have contact with players after they are
      done with a team and know their situation.like would they come out of
      retirement?

      But this info has no real supporting facts stated as of yet.outside of the
      fact that he isn't playing much.

      ANYTHING can happen but that also includes inaccurate internet rumors.:-)

      I'm not saying that it is impossible, just that we have seen nothing outside
      of a few fan forums stating it not McRae, nor the team not even the local
      press has anything on (on line anyway) it today when he is due back.
      Therefore I would not panic yet. If he doesn't report back today THEN it is
      time to wonder.and who knows maybe the "two Knight fans" DO know
      something.we shall see but let's hope not for McRae's sake, it would be a
      BIG mistake!