Philadelphia Quakers update

  • flyershistory
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
      The Philadelphia Quakers portion of the Flyers History site has been
      updated:

      http://quakers.flyershistory.net/

      About 75% of the player photos have been improved. As well, I've added
      3 pages from a Quaker's program I received. A bio of team president
      Benny Leonard (which has an interesting note to the fans at the
      bottom), a bio of coach Cooper Smeaton (including an interesting story
      about him pounding a Toronto fan in a game while he was referring) and
      a page of adverts (including an amuzing note commenting that fans seem
      to be confused about a new rule)

      As in the past, you can get boxscores from all Quaker games and
      individual player pages for each Quaker that allows listing of each
      goal, assist and penalty plus a game by game breakdown.
    • flyershistory

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
          Great work there.

          Are the Quakers stats from the NHL, newspapers or game sheets? There
          are a good number on this list who are not on the game summary list
          and might be interested in the background work.

          BTW, Morey mentioned your work with the Quakers summaries at the fall
          SIHR meeting in his fine paper on the unreliability of early NHL
          statistics. Definitely recommended to anyone who is interested in the
          area. It should be in the upcoming SIHR Journal.

          Joseph
        • flyershistory@hockeymail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
            The game summaries for the Quaker games are from the official NHL game
            sheets - except for a couple of games where the game sheets are lost. In
            those cases I used newspaper summaries - using 3 or 4 different
            newspapers to make sure I got it as accurate as possible. Luckily for
            those games, the players who stats differ from the "official" stats
            didn't factor into the scoring.