Re: backup goalies and games towards pension..

  • mangodance
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006
      > 1. Re: backup goalies and games towards pension...
      > Posted by: "goaliedave" goaliedave@... goaliedaveca Date:
      > Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:21 pm (PDT)
      >
      > Hi Mangodance...
      >
      > I think I posted this a few years back, when I congratulated Ron
      > Tugnutt on his 400th game and making his pension. His wife emailed me
      > back saying thanks, but he had qualified long ago... goalies get
      > double credit when they play, and half credit when they sit on the
      > bench.

      Thanks. So, if I understand correctly, someone who played 200 games
      would qualify (as if he played 400), while someone playing 100 games
      would need to ride the bench 400 more in order to qualify for his pension?
    • goaliedave@sympatico.ca
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2006
        yes, that's it exactly. So if you are a backup these days and play say 20 games (and sit 60 using round numbers) then sometime around Christmas of season 6 you'd qualify for your pension.

        Dave in Whitby