Re: Worker's Comp Claim Upheld

  • Morey Holzman
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 7, 2005
      Sorry Lloyd,

      This thread lost me somewhere around the goalie shooting the puck
      into the crowds and killing a spectator. If it happened in
      overtime, is it considered Sudden Death? Could we have Sudden Death
      in the second period? The matrix was too complicated for my simple
      mind.

      Mr. Holzman

      --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, Lloyd Davis <ldavis@b...> wrote:

      > And before Mr. Holzman jumps in, I'll say it for him. Not a
      particularly
      > damaging blow. <g>
      >
      > on 11/7/05 1:02 PM, Lloyd Davis at ldavis@b... wrote:
      >
      > > Not a blow to fighting. Only to the credibility of those who run
      the game.

      > --
      > Lloyd Davis Communications
      > 304-115 Danforth Ave., Toronto, ON M4K 1N2
      > 416 465 6999 /// 416 462 0230 (fax)
      > ldavis@b...

    • goaliedave
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 7, 2005
        yessir, it was understood by all to be part of his duties in furtherance of
        his employer's objectives.

        Frank, I've been thinking. A couple of years ago, I used to exhort a certain
        poster on here to "trim his posts", way after others on here had given up
        the task and resigned themselves to long posts. But not me, I kept on typing
        and typing the exhortation, and got emails supportive emails from others to
        keep it up. Then there was the debate about Hayley Wickenheiser playing in
        Finland, whether women could play in the NHl, etc, I was designated (by
        default I know) to type and type responses to that. Quite often I even
        attempt a witty post, and there is a lot of pressure to perform on those,
        and it is becoming part of my role on this board as well. So... I was
        thinking, Frank you know, my fingers are hurting and my back is sore and
        that carpel tunnel syndrome injury, really it was part of my job to support
        your objectives in running this board, and so I should be entitled to a
        Worker's Comp claim of my own. What was your address again? Would you happen
        to have the address of the nearest courthouse? Thanks in advance.

        Dave in Whitby
      • Andrew
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 7, 2005
          Do we have an attorney in the house?

          Last time I checked, are the players in the NHL
          "employees" or are they contracted on a basis separate
          from that of us normal people? (I'm really not
          entirely sure how that works...especially since this
          is an AHL team and they may follow different rules).
          If the NHL'er is not a team "employee", would that
          then be taken care of by the union rather than
          Workers' Comp. through the team?

          --- goaliedave <goaliedave@...> wrote:

          > yessir, it was understood by all to be part of his
          > duties in furtherance of
          > his employer's objectives.
          >
          > Frank, I've been thinking. A couple of years ago, I
          > used to exhort a certain
          > poster on here to "trim his posts", way after others
          > on here had given up
          > the task and resigned themselves to long posts. But
          > not me, I kept on typing
          > and typing the exhortation, and got emails
          > supportive emails from others to
          > keep it up. Then there was the debate about Hayley
          > Wickenheiser playing in
          > Finland, whether women could play in the NHl, etc, I
          > was designated (by
          > default I know) to type and type responses to that.
          > Quite often I even
          > attempt a witty post, and there is a lot of pressure
          > to perform on those,
          > and it is becoming part of my role on this board as
          > well. So... I was
          > thinking, Frank you know, my fingers are hurting and
          > my back is sore and
          > that carpel tunnel syndrome injury, really it was
          > part of my job to support
          > your objectives in running this board, and so I
          > should be entitled to a
          > Worker's Comp claim of my own. What was your address
          > again? Would you happen
          > to have the address of the nearest courthouse?
          > Thanks in advance.
          >
          > Dave in Whitby

          __________________________________
          http://farechase.yahoo.com
        • Frank Liebmann
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 8, 2005
            At 08:22 PM 11/7/2005, you wrote:
            >yessir, it was understood by all to be part of his duties in furtherance of
            >his employer's objectives.
            >
            >Frank, I've been thinking. A couple of years ago, I used to exhort a certain
            >poster on here to "trim his posts", way after others on here had given up
            >the task and resigned themselves to long posts. But not me, I kept on typing
            >and typing the exhortation, and got emails supportive emails from others to
            >keep it up. Then there was the debate about Hayley Wickenheiser playing in
            >Finland, whether women could play in the NHl, etc, I was designated (by
            >default I know) to type and type responses to that. Quite often I even
            >attempt a witty post, and there is a lot of pressure to perform on those,
            >and it is becoming part of my role on this board as well. So... I was
            >thinking, Frank you know, my fingers are hurting and my back is sore and
            >that carpel tunnel syndrome injury, really it was part of my job to support
            >your objectives in running this board, and so I should be entitled to a
            >Worker's Comp claim of my own. What was your address again? Would you happen
            >to have the address of the nearest courthouse? Thanks in advance.

            Man, I thought this was a serious post when I started reading.

            I assume Frank is me and not Frank Patrick.

            The closest court is the Court of Kangaroos in Provo, Donny Osmond presiding.

            Frank aka TEX

            Frank TEX Liebmann ( Àî־ǿ )
            Electrical Engineer: Hart Scientific (Fluke)
            http://texliebmann.go.to http://texhockeyworld.go.to
            texliebmann@...
            Ph C: 801-362-0951
            Ph W: 801-763-1600
            Hockey Forever
            The eyes of Texas are upon you
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 8, 2005
              Workers comp does come into play for all pro teams to my knowledge...

              Last time I checked, are the players in the NHL
              "employees" or are they contracted on a basis separate
              from that of us normal people? (I'm really not
              entirely sure how that works...especially since this
              is an AHL team and they may follow different rules).
              If the NHL'er is not a team "employee", would that
              then be taken care of by the union rather than
              Workers' Comp. through the team?

              --- goaliedave <goaliedave@...> wrote:

              > yessir, it was understood by all to be part of his
              > duties in furtherance of
              > his employer's objectives.
              >
              > Frank, I've been thinking. A couple of years ago, I
              > used to exhort a certain
              > poster on here to "trim his posts", way after others
              > on here had given up
              > the task and resigned themselves to long posts. But
              > not me, I kept on typing
              > and typing the exhortation, and got emails
              > supportive emails from others to
              > keep it up. Then there was the debate about Hayley
              > Wickenheiser playing in
              > Finland, whether women could play in the NHl, etc, I
              > was designated (by
              > default I know) to type and type responses to that.
              > Quite often I even
              > attempt a witty post, and there is a lot of pressure
              > to perform on those,
              > and it is becoming part of my role on this board as
              > well. So... I was
              > thinking, Frank you know, my fingers are hurting and
              > my back is sore and
              > that carpel tunnel syndrome injury, really it was
              > part of my job to support
              > your objectives in running this board, and so I
              > should be entitled to a
              > Worker's Comp claim of my own. What was your address
              > again? Would you happen
              > to have the address of the nearest courthouse?
              > Thanks in advance.
              >
              > Dave in Whitby

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Morey Holzman
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 8, 2005
                They're employees. I believe Jaromir Jagr (through his accountant)
                got into IRS trouble claiming otherwise.

                Morey