RE: [hockhist] Re: Worker's Comp Claim Upheld

    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 7, 2005
      I think it is only a blow to a VERY cheap owner...again anyone who
      seriously didn't believe that this is the situation before the case
      probably leaves cake out for the tooth fairy.:) And I don't know of
      anyone in the pro game who has ever denied it, except for Simon Legree
      and Co here.

      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 7, 2005
        Sorry Lloyd,

        This thread lost me somewhere around the goalie shooting the puck
        into the crowds and killing a spectator. If it happened in
        overtime, is it considered Sudden Death? Could we have Sudden Death
        in the second period? The matrix was too complicated for my simple
        mind.

        Mr. Holzman

        --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, Lloyd Davis <ldavis@b...> wrote:

        > And before Mr. Holzman jumps in, I'll say it for him. Not a
        particularly
        > damaging blow. <g>
        >
        > on 11/7/05 1:02 PM, Lloyd Davis at ldavis@b... wrote:
        >
        > > Not a blow to fighting. Only to the credibility of those who run
        the game.

        > --
        > Lloyd Davis Communications
        > 304-115 Danforth Ave., Toronto, ON M4K 1N2
        > 416 465 6999 /// 416 462 0230 (fax)
        > ldavis@b...

      • goaliedave
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 7, 2005
          yessir, it was understood by all to be part of his duties in furtherance of
          his employer's objectives.

          Frank, I've been thinking. A couple of years ago, I used to exhort a certain
          poster on here to "trim his posts", way after others on here had given up
          the task and resigned themselves to long posts. But not me, I kept on typing
          and typing the exhortation, and got emails supportive emails from others to
          keep it up. Then there was the debate about Hayley Wickenheiser playing in
          Finland, whether women could play in the NHl, etc, I was designated (by
          default I know) to type and type responses to that. Quite often I even
          attempt a witty post, and there is a lot of pressure to perform on those,
          and it is becoming part of my role on this board as well. So... I was
          thinking, Frank you know, my fingers are hurting and my back is sore and
          that carpel tunnel syndrome injury, really it was part of my job to support
          your objectives in running this board, and so I should be entitled to a
          Worker's Comp claim of my own. What was your address again? Would you happen
          to have the address of the nearest courthouse? Thanks in advance.

          Dave in Whitby
        • Andrew
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 7, 2005
            Do we have an attorney in the house?

            Last time I checked, are the players in the NHL
            "employees" or are they contracted on a basis separate
            from that of us normal people? (I'm really not
            entirely sure how that works...especially since this
            is an AHL team and they may follow different rules).
            If the NHL'er is not a team "employee", would that
            then be taken care of by the union rather than
            Workers' Comp. through the team?

            --- goaliedave <goaliedave@...> wrote:

            > yessir, it was understood by all to be part of his
            > duties in furtherance of
            > his employer's objectives.
            >
            > Frank, I've been thinking. A couple of years ago, I
            > used to exhort a certain
            > poster on here to "trim his posts", way after others
            > on here had given up
            > the task and resigned themselves to long posts. But
            > not me, I kept on typing
            > and typing the exhortation, and got emails
            > supportive emails from others to
            > keep it up. Then there was the debate about Hayley
            > Wickenheiser playing in
            > Finland, whether women could play in the NHl, etc, I
            > was designated (by
            > default I know) to type and type responses to that.
            > Quite often I even
            > attempt a witty post, and there is a lot of pressure
            > to perform on those,
            > and it is becoming part of my role on this board as
            > well. So... I was
            > thinking, Frank you know, my fingers are hurting and
            > my back is sore and
            > that carpel tunnel syndrome injury, really it was
            > part of my job to support
            > your objectives in running this board, and so I
            > should be entitled to a
            > Worker's Comp claim of my own. What was your address
            > again? Would you happen
            > to have the address of the nearest courthouse?
            > Thanks in advance.
            >
            > Dave in Whitby

            __________________________________
            http://farechase.yahoo.com
          • Frank Liebmann
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 8, 2005
              At 08:22 PM 11/7/2005, you wrote:
              >yessir, it was understood by all to be part of his duties in furtherance of
              >his employer's objectives.
              >
              >Frank, I've been thinking. A couple of years ago, I used to exhort a certain
              >poster on here to "trim his posts", way after others on here had given up
              >the task and resigned themselves to long posts. But not me, I kept on typing
              >and typing the exhortation, and got emails supportive emails from others to
              >keep it up. Then there was the debate about Hayley Wickenheiser playing in
              >Finland, whether women could play in the NHl, etc, I was designated (by
              >default I know) to type and type responses to that. Quite often I even
              >attempt a witty post, and there is a lot of pressure to perform on those,
              >and it is becoming part of my role on this board as well. So... I was
              >thinking, Frank you know, my fingers are hurting and my back is sore and
              >that carpel tunnel syndrome injury, really it was part of my job to support
              >your objectives in running this board, and so I should be entitled to a
              >Worker's Comp claim of my own. What was your address again? Would you happen
              >to have the address of the nearest courthouse? Thanks in advance.

              Man, I thought this was a serious post when I started reading.

              I assume Frank is me and not Frank Patrick.

              The closest court is the Court of Kangaroos in Provo, Donny Osmond presiding.

              Frank aka TEX

              Frank TEX Liebmann ( Àî־ǿ )
              Electrical Engineer: Hart Scientific (Fluke)
              http://texliebmann.go.to http://texhockeyworld.go.to
              texliebmann@...
              Ph C: 801-362-0951
              Ph W: 801-763-1600
              Hockey Forever
              The eyes of Texas are upon you
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 8, 2005
                Workers comp does come into play for all pro teams to my knowledge...

                Last time I checked, are the players in the NHL
                "employees" or are they contracted on a basis separate
                from that of us normal people? (I'm really not
                entirely sure how that works...especially since this
                is an AHL team and they may follow different rules).
                If the NHL'er is not a team "employee", would that
                then be taken care of by the union rather than
                Workers' Comp. through the team?

                --- goaliedave <goaliedave@...> wrote:

                > yessir, it was understood by all to be part of his
                > duties in furtherance of
                > his employer's objectives.
                >
                > Frank, I've been thinking. A couple of years ago, I
                > used to exhort a certain
                > poster on here to "trim his posts", way after others
                > on here had given up
                > the task and resigned themselves to long posts. But
                > not me, I kept on typing
                > and typing the exhortation, and got emails
                > supportive emails from others to
                > keep it up. Then there was the debate about Hayley
                > Wickenheiser playing in
                > Finland, whether women could play in the NHl, etc, I
                > was designated (by
                > default I know) to type and type responses to that.
                > Quite often I even
                > attempt a witty post, and there is a lot of pressure
                > to perform on those,
                > and it is becoming part of my role on this board as
                > well. So... I was
                > thinking, Frank you know, my fingers are hurting and
                > my back is sore and
                > that carpel tunnel syndrome injury, really it was
                > part of my job to support
                > your objectives in running this board, and so I
                > should be entitled to a
                > Worker's Comp claim of my own. What was your address
                > again? Would you happen
                > to have the address of the nearest courthouse?
                > Thanks in advance.
                >
                > Dave in Whitby

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Morey Holzman
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 8, 2005
                  They're employees. I believe Jaromir Jagr (through his accountant)
                  got into IRS trouble claiming otherwise.

                  Morey