Re: Digest Number 3241

  • Jim Dornberger
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005
      My son has taken to a chant for Flyers games that he learned from the
      Wings indoor Lacrosse team. After each Flyer goal he chants "It's
      all your fault!" at the opposing netminder. And he IS a goalie!

      Jim Dornberger

      --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "Morey Holzman" <epenaltybox@y...>
      wrote:
      > We have the same chant in San Diego, with a bit of a different
      > twist. To show the wonderful ability of the California educational
      > system, especially its math program, the hometown fans count up the
      > number of goals the Gulls score, and then add the "You suck.
      > Loser." tag at the end, becuase while thay can count, apparantly
      > Gulls fans can't read the names on the back of the uniforms...
      >
      > And when the Gulls score close to double digits the fans are still
      > counting while the play begins anew.
      >
      > Morey
      >
      > --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "goaliedave" <goaliedave@s...>
      > wrote:
      > > Morey: Regarding the post below - there are a group of boisterous
      > fans in
      > > Binghamton just waiting for him to play against them this year.
      > This group,
      > > known as the section 4 "Cupheads" (a few of them come dressed in
      > home made
      > > tin foil Calder Cup headresses each game) sits near the opposing
      > goalie
      > > twice a game and has as it's favourite chant the unimaginative
      > personalized
      > > "You Suck" chant for the opposing goalie after each goal. They
      > can't contain
      > > their glee at this poor goalies last name. Hopefully he'll get a
      > shutout.
      > >
      > > Dave in Whitby
      > >
      > > >Expect Japan to go by the wayside soon. One of the best goalies
      > in
      > > the ECHA last season was Yutaka Fukufuji, who signed a two-year
      > > contract with the LA Kings, and is expected to start in
      Manchester.

    • flyershistory@hockeymail.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005
        One of the coolest chants I've seen and heard is after each goal against
        the opposing goalie the crowd chants/yells SIEVE ! .. SIEVE ! ... SIEVE
        ! , each time pointing to the goalie

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005
          At Princeton, they used to throw tennis balls at the opposing goalie
          when he let in a goal.

          One of the coolest chants I've seen and heard is after each goal against
          the opposing goalie the crowd chants/yells SIEVE ! .. SIEVE ! ... SIEVE
          ! , each time pointing to the goalie

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • francz
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2005
            At Queen's Park Arena in New Westminster, where the Bruins played in their mid 1970's WCHL heyday, fans in the north end would not only chant "Sieve!", but one would toss a kitchen sieve onto the ice.

            Some new lineseman would invariably skate down the ice to pick it up, not knowing that the fan had it on fishing line on a fishing rod. As soon as the linesman would get close, the fan would reel it in.

            Rob in 905

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2005
              I love it. I'm not sure what the Stratford Jr. B fans used to say to Craig
              Lizun when he was in the Waterloo Siskins' nets a few years ago, but they
              used to push his buttons with great success. Then he joined the Cullitons.
              Besides that, the guy had so many mannerisms when he played, you'd think he
              was Denis Lemieux.

              --
              Lloyd Davis Communications
              304-115 Danforth Ave., Toronto, ON M4K 1N2
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2005
                Maybe he felt shame.

                Rob in 905

                Lloyd Davis <lloyddavis@...> wrote:
                I love it. I'm not sure what the Stratford Jr. B fans used to say to Craig
                Lizun when he was in the Waterloo Siskins' nets a few years ago, but they
                used to push his buttons with great success. Then he joined the Cullitons.
                Besides that, the guy had so many mannerisms when he played, you'd think he
                was Denis Lemieux.

                on 9/3/05 10:26 AM, francz at francz39@... wrote:

                > At Queen's Park Arena in New Westminster, where the Bruins played in their mid
                > 1970's WCHL heyday, fans in the north end would not only chant "Sieve!", but
                > one would toss a kitchen sieve onto the ice.

                --
                Lloyd Davis Communications
                304-115 Danforth Ave., Toronto, ON M4K 1N2
                416 465 6999 /// 416 462 0230 (fax)
                ldavis@...

              • mangodance
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 3, 2005
                  Norm Maracle was always a little on the stout side for a hockey player.
                  During the playoffs in the last year of the IHL in Cincinnati, people
                  passed out Krispy Kreme doughnut box tops and held them up any time he
                  skated in his end. They also had numerous other signs, many of which
                  he'd point to and laugh...sometimes waving for teqammates to come take a
                  look. He was always good-natured and never seemed to let it bother
                  him...even when the same people would talk to him after the games. Even
                  the other team would try to get at him with taunts and such. I remember
                  during those same playoffs, they tried to run him. Minutes later, when
                  Maracle had skated to the bench for water and discussion during a
                  timeout, he skated back and along the entire home team bench, blew a
                  kiss all the way down.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 4, 2005
                      I remember back in the day, the fans at Queens
                      Park throwing nail on the ice when the game didn't go their way (late 70s).

                      At 08:26 AM 9/3/2005, you wrote:
                      >At Queen's Park Arena in New Westminster, where
                      >the Bruins played in their mid 1970's WCHL
                      >heyday, fans in the north end would not only
                      >chant "Sieve!", but one would toss a kitchen sieve onto the ice.
                      >
                      >Some new lineseman would invariably skate down
                      >the ice to pick it up, not knowing that the fan
                      >had it on fishing line on a fishing rod. As
                      >soon as the linesman would get close, the fan would reel it in.
                      >
                      >Rob in 905
                      >
                      >flyershistory@... wrote:
                      >One of the coolest chants I've seen and heard is after each goal against
                      >the opposing goalie the crowd chants/yells SIEVE ! .. SIEVE ! ... SIEVE
                      >! , each time pointing to the goalie
                      >

                      >To unsubscribe from this mail list, send a blank
                      >message to hockhist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                      > *
                      > the <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                      Frank TEX Liebmann ( Àî־ǿ )
                      Electrical Engineer: Hart Scientific (Fluke)
                      http://texliebmann.go.to http://texhockeyworld.go.to
                      texliebmann@...
                      Ph C: 801-362-0951
                      Ph W: 801-763-1600