WHA Super Junior League

  • Mike Witty
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 23 11:32 AM
      Hey there Folks,
      I was reading the July 2005 edition of "The Hockey News" and noticed an ad
      in the "Marketplace" section for the WHA and tryouts for its WHA Super
      Junior League to commence at the end of July or early August. Has anyone
      heard of the WHA Super Junior League? How many teams are planned? Where Are
      the teams located? Is it the WHA Jr. that was to be a couple of years ago?

      Mike Witty
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23 12:11 PM
        It is an outcropping of the old WHA effort. A new group took over the
        WHA last year and they are exploring a junior route. There are no
        official franchises as of yet. But the people that own the effort do
        have some money. They found that starting a new major league is a
        difficult task at best at this time. So they are looking at doing a
        young league, possibly 23 and under.

        I was reading the July 2005 edition of "The Hockey News" and noticed an
        ad
        in the "Marketplace" section for the WHA and tryouts for its WHA Super
        Junior League to commence at the end of July or early August. Has anyone

        heard of the WHA Super Junior League? How many teams are planned? Where
        Are
        the teams located? Is it the WHA Jr. that was to be a couple of years
        ago?

        Mike Witty

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Al
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 23 3:17 PM
          So what your saying William is, the WHA is dead, at least one that would compete with the NHL?

          Al

          I was reading the July 2005 edition of "The Hockey News" and noticed an
          ad
          in the "Marketplace" section for the WHA and tryouts for its WHA Super
          Junior League to commence at the end of July or early August. Has anyone

          heard of the WHA Super Junior League? How many teams are planned? Where
          Are
          the teams located? Is it the WHA Jr. that was to be a couple of years
          ago?

          Mike Witty

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Hockey gear Hockey jersey Ice hockey equipment

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 23 10:45 PM
            For the time being a real rival league is dead. This is not to say that
            the WHA group would not still like to do a more significant pro league
            but that there is none in the near future. We shall see...I haven't
            heard much new about them in a few weeks. I do know that they have been
            looking at venues for this venture, I don't know where. I also don't
            know if there is any pay structure yet formulated. But it won't be a
            millionaire's league that is for sure...

            So what your saying William is, the WHA is dead, at least one that would
            compete with the NHL?

            Al

            I was reading the July 2005 edition of "The Hockey News" and noticed
            an
            ad
            in the "Marketplace" section for the WHA and tryouts for its WHA Super

            Junior League to commence at the end of July or early August. Has
            anyone

            heard of the WHA Super Junior League? How many teams are planned?
            Where
            Are
            the teams located? Is it the WHA Jr. that was to be a couple of years
            ago?

            Mike Witty

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Hockey gear Hockey jersey Ice hockey equipment

            Service.

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Mike Witty
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2012
              Hey there folks,

              Just wondering if anyone on the list has any info on the defunt league the WHA Super Junior League which was based in Florida. Looking for any info possible (ie. standings, game info, team names, etc.)

              Thanks in advance,
              Mike