Re: [hockhist] Sidney Crosby to Europe?

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2005
      In regard to my comments on the article yesterday on Crosby (which I posted before hearing about the attacks) I feel that the horrific terrorist attacks in London, England yesterday really put this issue and the entire lockout in perspective. It is hard to get passionate about any sport when once again our society is under attack by terrorists. The real heroes of our society are not hockey, football, baseball, etc players. These guys are "nothing". It is the police, EMT's, firefighters, etc who rushed into the flames or burning buses, or into subway tunnels to save victims. That point was made by many athletes themselves after September 11, 2001. It should be made again now.

      If any members of the list live in the London area or have friend or family there I hope you and your loved ones are safe.