Re: [hockhist] NHL rumor?

  • John Edwards
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 6, 2005
      On 6/5/05, Fashoway@... <Fashoway@...> wrote:
      > As much as I would love to see NHL in Portland (I live there) this city is so
      > messed up I cannot see it coming here. Yes, we have the Rose Garden that is
      > ready for a team, the politics in the town are so backwards that they wouldn't
      > know a good opportunity if it were a truck and ran over them. With that said
      > the most logical place in the Northwest would be Seattle.

      It would be, except that the Key Arena, to my knowledge, unsuitable
      for major league hockey anymore. My understanding is that the
      renovation that was undertaken a few years ago essentially ruled out
      any NHL team going in there.

      When Seattle was a hot candidate 10-15 years ago, that was when the
      Sonics ownership at the time was trying to get a new arena built. They
      got the renovation instead.

      John

      --
      Life... loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it. (Marvin, the
      Paranoid Android)
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 11, 2005
        I've only been there once, but any city that names its airport after someone who died in a
        plane crash should be NHL material..

        Morey