Omaha AHL Club

  • Dylan Sides
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2005
      Saw that Omaha will be in the AHL next season and all
      I could find on them is that it's the inactive team
      owned by the Calgary Flames.

      Can anyone shed some light on what inactive team this
      is?

      Thanks,
      dylan

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • DAGusky@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2005
        In a message dated 4/27/2005 7:24:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        dylansides@... writes:

        Saw that Omaha will be in the AHL next season and all
        I could find on them is that it's the inactive team
        owned by the Calgary Flames.

        Can anyone shed some light on what inactive team this
        is?

        Thanks,
        dylan

        It is the former Saint John's Flames.

      • Frank Liebmann
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2005
          > In a message dated 4/27/2005 7:24:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          > dylansides@... writes:
          >
          > Saw that Omaha will be in the AHL next season and all
          > I could find on them is that it's the inactive team
          > owned by the Calgary Flames.
          >
          > Can anyone shed some light on what inactive team this
          > is?

          It's the old St. John Flames (NB).

          Now that the Maple Leafs are gone from the former Dominion of Newfoundland,
          there are no more AHL teams left in the Atlantic Provinces. Back in the
          95-96 season, the team had five teams from Atlantic Canada including: PEI,
          St. John, St. Johns, Fredricton and Cape Breton. There were also teams in
          Halifax previously.

          Frank in AF
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2005
            Yep it has become QMJHL country...

            > In a message dated 4/27/2005 7:24:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            > dylansides@... writes:
            >
            > Saw that Omaha will be in the AHL next season and all
            > I could find on them is that it's the inactive team
            > owned by the Calgary Flames.
            >
            > Can anyone shed some light on what inactive team this
            > is?

            It's the old St. John Flames (NB).

            Now that the Maple Leafs are gone from the former Dominion of
            Newfoundland,
            there are no more AHL teams left in the Atlantic Provinces. Back in the
            95-96 season, the team had five teams from Atlantic Canada including:
            PEI,
            St. John, St. Johns, Fredricton and Cape Breton. There were also teams
            in
            Halifax previously.

            Frank in AF

            Yahoo! Groups Links