Re: Nets

  • thegiantdevilfish
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 3, 2005
      "As I recall when there have been THN polls as well as other polls
      about
      "improving the game" people are against it. I'm not so sure it is a
      minority and certainly not a small one."

      I "recall" otherwise. Plus by doing informal polls with hockey fans
      across the country (I always run into them when I travel via business)
      you'll be surprised how many thought it was a good idea.
    • mtlhockey@aol.com
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 8, 2005
        In a message dated 4/4/2005 5:54:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
        giantdevilfish@... writes:

        > "And the reason is not because players are bigger these days"
        >
        > I think a lot of has to do with that exactly. There is less room than
        > before. The bigger ice surface will give the skilled players more room
        > to score or set up plays and not have to worry about guys plugging up
        > the middle or clamping onto them.

        Move the nets back to where they were and you make the ice surface bigger
        already.. All that room behind the nets just makes the attacking surface
        smaller......

        Brian