Re: Top 25 hockey songs?

  • Marc Foster
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2005
      I'm sure The Zambonis fall into the top 25 in a few places...

      I have a slew of songs I play for pregame and intermission when I
      broadcast... Many are regional (Toronto vs. Ottawa in several cases) or time
      dated ("Shut the Puck Up", about the lockout). I'll get my play list
      compiled in the near future...

      Marc - favoring "Me Like Hockey" by The Arrogant Worms
    • mtlhockey@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2005
        "Blood on the Ice" by Anvil......

        Brian

      • Natalie Sekuler
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 16, 2005
          Regarding hockey songs - although it's an instrumental, how about the Hockey Night In Canada theme
          song?

          As for hockey movies, I always liked The Hounds of Notre Dame, and wish I could find a copy.

          Larry Sekuler

          mtlhockey@... wrote:

          > "Blood on the Ice" by Anvil......
          >
          > Brian

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Rob
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
            --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, Marc Foster <mfoster@h...> wrote:
            > I'm sure The Zambonis fall into the top 25 in a few places...

            I had never heard of the Zambonis until Marc's post. Then I stumbled
            upon their 'Hockey Monkey' video via the Zamboni.com website.

            This is outstanding!!!!

            http://www.zamboni.com/kidszone/hockey_monkey.wmv

            The story on these Bridgeport lads appears here:

            http://www.thezambonis.com/nyt20020414.html

            Way cool.

            Rob