Anyone ever play for all "original six"... (was: Bud Poile Dies)

  • James Milks
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
      I could not find anyone who played for all 6 teams...

      But these 6 played for 5 of the orig. 6 teams:

      Leroy Goldsworthy
      Bronco Horvath
      Vic Lynn
      Bud Poile
      Gaye Stewart
      Harry Lumley

      James

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 22, 2005

        > I could not find anyone who played for all 6 teams...
        >
        > But these 6 played for 5 of the orig. 6 teams:

        This is one of those trivia questions that may have a manufactured
        answer.

        The traditional answer is Vic Lynn. Although historically there
        hasn't been any source saying he played for the Rangers (team #6), I
        think that Total Hockey came out and pegged him with 1 game for NYR
        in 42-43, while he was a member of the NY Rovers.

        I question whether someone "tried too hard" to find that game, since
        it would make him the only player to play for all 6 Original Six
        teams.

        Ralph