World Juniors Preliminary Round Standings Question

  • Michael Poplawski
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2004
      Can anyone point to a web site which officially explains how the teams
      are ranked in the Preliminary Round Standings? What is being used for
      breaking standings ties?

      It would be a big help in knowing what each team has to do on Thursday.

      Thank you!

      --
      Mike Poplawski
      Victoria, BC

      PS If anyone is interested in trying Google GMail, send me a note
      off-line. I can send you an invitation.
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 30, 2004
        Form what I can deduce form past tournaments...it is head to head then
        goal differential...but I may be wrong. This is a GOOD question that the
        IIHF nor the tournament has on their sites, can you BELIEVE it?

        Can anyone point to a web site which officially explains how the teams
        are ranked in the Preliminary Round Standings? What is being used for
        breaking standings ties?

        It would be a big help in knowing what each team has to do on Thursday.

        Thank you!

        --
        Mike Poplawski
        Victoria, BC

        PS If anyone is interested in trying Google GMail, send me a note
        off-line. I can send you an invitation.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • C Julien
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 30, 2004
          They said on TV last night that the games won points tie breaker is goal differential against the tie teams only then if still tied, there were 2 more rules .....
          Does anyone know what TV channel and what time we can watch the games tonight, Thursday? We have been watching the USA games on ESPN2 Sat channel 209 but nothing said about game coverage after last night.

          Connie Julien
          Local hockey historian & webmaster
          www.birthplaceofprohockey.org
          CJ <(©¿©)>

          Can anyone point to a web site which officially explains how the teams
          are ranked in the Preliminary Round Standings? What is being used for
          breaking standings ties?

          It would be a big help in knowing what each team has to do on Thursday.

          Thank you!

          --
          Mike Poplawski
          Victoria, BC

          PS If anyone is interested in trying Google GMail, send me a note
          off-line. I can send you an invitation.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • C Julien

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 30, 2004
              ESPN2 will cover Us playoff games and ESPN has the final regardless who
              is in it.

              Can anyone point to a web site which officially explains how the teams
              are ranked in the Preliminary Round Standings? What is being used for
              breaking standings ties?

              It would be a big help in knowing what each team has to do on
              Thursday.

              Thank you!

              --
              Mike Poplawski
              Victoria, BC

              PS If anyone is interested in trying Google GMail, send me a note
              off-line. I can send you an invitation.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Service.

              Yahoo! Groups Links