Re: goalie penalties

  • jpdornberger
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2004
      Speaking of dumb goalie penalties. My son got called for Delay of
      Game for holding a puck when a defender was 12 feet away on a penalty
      kill in a PeeWee Tournament game!

      Jim Dornberger

      --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, Michael Poplawski
      <michael.poplawski@g...> wrote:
      > On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 01:12:09 -0500, goaliedave <goaliedave@s...>
      wrote:

      > > Question for rule book experts:
      > >
      > > Tonight's AHl game St. John's Make-Believes vs. Binghamton
      Senators, Binghamton's goalie Thompson got a minor penalty at 6:06,
      then another one at 7:57. So he got a penalty while his first one was
      still going. Weird... is this how it is supposed to work?

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2004
        Actually a goalie penalty was one of the worst calls I have seen in my
        life...when Arturs Irbe was down in the ECHL, he came out to dive on a
        loose puck once and accidentally knocked a Trenton player over...the
        call...Irbe two minutes for tripping! As I recall the Einstein that
        called this was, naturally, in the NHL trainee program...I don't know
        which cemetery they dig some of these guys out of!

        <michael.poplawski@g...> wrote:
        > On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 01:12:09 -0500, goaliedave <goaliedave@s...>
        wrote:

        > > Question for rule book experts:
        > >
        > > Tonight's AHl game St. John's Make-Believes vs. Binghamton
        Senators, Binghamton's goalie Thompson got a minor penalty at 6:06,
        then another one at 7:57. So he got a penalty while his first one was
        still going. Weird... is this how it is supposed to work?

        > Goaltenders don't have to serve their own minor penalties, so they
        are
        > free to incur them any time they please. Players from other
        positions
        > obviously don't have this luxury.
        >
        > I'm guessing this is what you were getting at!
        >
        > --
        > Mike
        > Victoria, BC

        Yahoo! Groups Links