Who's Better - Clark or Neely?

  • iamjoepelletier@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2004
      When I was a kid I always looked forward to Stan Fischler's (hey, I
      said I was a kid) Who's Better articles in Hockey Digest. Along those
      lines, I thought I'd throw out a couple of players I consider very
      equal, and start a hopefully lively debate.

      Who was better? Wendel Clark or Cam Neely?

      Joe Pelletier
      Legends of Team Canada
      http://www.1972summitseries.com/legendsofteamcanada.html
    • sealshockey@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
        Tough question to answer. Neely was better when he was at his best but
        didn't stay at that high level for as long due to injuries. Injuries also impeded
        Clark's career. Clark wasn't the goal scorer Neely was but added more
        intangibles. Bottom line: A healthy Neely or a healthy Clark would be welcome
        additions on any team of mine.

        Brad

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
          Interesting debate...I'd go with Neely as a scorer and Clark as a leader
          and all around player...