Re: [hockhist] Re: Best CCCP Lines

  • mtlhockey@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2004
      In a message dated 4/30/2004 8:27:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      wausport@... writes:

      > Interestingly enough, Bure-Fedorov-Mogilny NEVER
      > played for the TEAM USSR on the same line. I am not
      > sure about them playing together in junior hockey or
      > on the CSKA roster but I am 99.99 percent positive
      > that they never played together on the national TEAM
      > CCCP in it its official games

      Wasn't that the line in the WJC when they all played together? I have that on
      video tape and might have to check it again, but I remember them being on the
      same line in that tourney.

      Brian

    • arthur chidlovski
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2004
        --- mtlhockey@... wrote:
        > Standard Time,
        > wausport@... writes:
        >
        > > Interestingly enough, Bure-Fedorov-Mogilny NEVER
        > > played for the TEAM USSR on the same line. I am
        > not
        > > sure about them playing together in junior hockey
        > or
        > > on the CSKA roster but I am 99.99 percent positive
        > > that they never played together on the national
        > TEAM
        > > CCCP in it its official games
        >
        > Wasn't that the line in the WJC when they all played
        > together? I have that on
        > video tape and might have to check it again, but I
        > remember them being on the
        > same line in that tourney.
        >
        > Brian

        Yes, you are right. And that's exactly what Bill
        confirmed - Fedorov, Mogilny and Pavel Bure played
        together on the JUNIOR level. I just looked up the
        Soviet roster at the 1989 WJC (wJc, U20!) in USA and,
        indeed, they played together.

        The initial email was referring to the research of the
        Top CCCP Lines that played for the national team USSR
        on the SENIOR international level. Sorry, if it caused
        any confusion.

        Arthur

        =====
        ___ Arthur Chidlovski _____________
        1972 USSR vs. Canada Summit Series
        at http://www.chidlovski.com/personal/1972/
        1974 USSR vs. Canada Summit Series
        at http://www.chidlovski.com/personal/1974/
        Hockey CCCP International
        at http://www.chidlovski.com/personal/1954/

      • mtlhockey@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 2, 2004
          In a message dated 5/1/2004 10:23:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
          arch4web@... writes:

          > Yes, you are right. And that's exactly what Bill
          > confirmed - Fedorov, Mogilny and Pavel Bure played
          > together on the JUNIOR level. I just looked up the
          > Soviet roster at the 1989 WJC (wJc, U20!) in USA and,
          > indeed, they played together.
          >
          > The initial email was referring to the research of the
          > Top CCCP Lines that played for the national team USSR
          > on the SENIOR international level. Sorry, if it caused
          > any confusion.
          >
          > Arthur

          Got it!

          So to bend the conversation a bit... Where would you put that line in the
          history of Russian International competition?

          Thanks

          Brian

        • arthur chidlovski
          Message 4 of 10 , May 2, 2004
            --- mtlhockey@... wrote:

            > So to bend the conversation a bit... Where would you
            > put that line (Mogilny-Fedorov-Bure) in the
            > history of Russian International competition?

            Hi Brian:

            I would say that they were one of the most promising
            lines of the 1990s... But statistically, they
            shouldn't even be put on the list - no senior hockey
            international tournaments, no games, no goals... IMHO,
            it would be more of a wishful thinking to mention them
            in the same category with Petrov's or KLM line. One of
            my favorite excersise is to try to project the Soviet
            players of the 1972 Summit to the NHL of the 1970s -
            what NHL teams would they fit into, would they be as
            good as they were in the WCs and Soviet Elite league,
            etc. In a way, it reminds me projecting a promising
            Fedorov's line into international hockey of the 1990s.

            There were certainly reasons for them not playing
            together - decline of Russian hockey in the 1990s,
            mass escape of Russian elite players to the NHL,
            Mogilny's defection to North America in 1989, etc. Add
            to this recent development in personal relationship
            between Bure and Fedorov and I seriously doubt the
            line playing together even in the oldtimers' hockey
            games or super golf tournaments... By saying this, I
            don't try to diminish the level of the players
            individually, they did great in the NHL and so be it.

            just a matter of my opinion, of course...

            Arthur

            =====