Re: [hockhist] Re: Mystery Hockey Jerseys

  • Hockey Collector
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1 3:21 AM
      Richard,

      I don't believe it to be a Montreal sweater and I own an actual game jersey
      from the Stars of the ACHL so I know that is not it. Maybe it is from the
      NAHL team, but I don't think it is.

      Thx for taking a look.

      Keith Lenn, The Hockey Collector
      rockstar@...

      Read "The Hockey Collector"
      http://sportznutz.com/collector/the_collectors/nhl/

      Read "Penned By Lenn" by visiting the Professional Hockey Players'
      Association home page at www.PHPA.com

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1 7:14 AM
        > Maybe it is from the
        > NAHL team, but I don't think it is.

        No, I looked up the NAHL on Logo Server, and the logo and colours are
        the same as the ACHL team. Sorry!

        Richard.
      • slater@alum.rpi.edu
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1 8:52 PM
          > The jersey was originally acquired from a person in that general area.
          > However, the jersey appears to be from the 50s or 60s. It might even
          > be Mount Vernon College. Do you know if there is a MV College with
          > that color scheme?

          Let me throw a different perspective on this. Could the initials be V
          M? There are plenty of teams with those initials:

          Vail Mountaineers (no idea what league this is)
          Vancouver Maroons (Vancouver, BC) PCHA 1922-24
          Vancouver Maroons (Vancouver, BC) WCHL 1924-26
          Vancouver Millionaires (Vancouver, BC) PCHA 1920-22
          Ventura Mariners (Ventura, CA) WSHL 2000-01
          Verdun Maple Leafs (Verdun, PQ) QJHL (late 1960's)
          Verdun Maple Leafs (Verdun, PQ) QMJHL 1969-72
          Victoria Maple Leafs (Victoria, BC) WHL

          I bet that Vancouver and Victoria had a lot of senior level teams
          too, teams that I don't have any records of. I bet one could have
          even been called the maroons, and that jersey does look maroon in
          color.

          Ralph
        • DAVE SOUTTER
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2 7:23 AM
            Victoria Maple Leafs (Victoria, BC) WHL

            The Victoria Maple Leafs wore exact duplicates of the Toronto Maple Leafs uniforms: Blue and white with the Maple Leaf crest on the front of the sweater; only the name "Toronto" was replaced with "Victoria".

            --Dave Soutter