Shift in power

  • Richard Krueger
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2003
      Last year the West was 51 games above 0.500 vs the East. So far this
      year, the East is +6 vs the West. Is this a shift in power? Or
      simply a temporary anomaly?

      Richard.
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2003
        I'd tend to say it is an anomaly.

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2003
          Have to agree. Is one season a large enough sample size to establish a
          trend, let alone one month out of one season? And are we talking about real
          games above .500, or games above .500 including those brownie points awarded
          for losing in 60-65 minutes rather than within 60?

          --
          Lloyd Davis Publishing Services
          304-115 Danforth Ave., Toronto, ON M4K 1N2
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2003
            LOL...it has to be the solar flare or something!! LOL! Dang it! Go Red Wings! GOD they suck right now!
            Last year the West was 51 games above 0.500 vs the East. So far this
            year, the East is +6 vs the West. Is this a shift in power? Or
            simply a temporary anomaly?

            Richard.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Richard Krueger
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 4, 2003
              --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, Lloyd Davis <lloyddavis@s...> wrote:
              > Have to agree. Is one season a large enough sample size to
              establish a
              > trend, let alone one month out of one season? And are we talking
              about real
              > games above .500, or games above .500 including those brownie
              points awarded
              > for losing in 60-65 minutes rather than within 60?

              I just counted simple wins vs losses, ignoring ot losses, which I
              should have included. I suspect if i added the extra points in as
              losses the East would look even worse for 2002-03.

              Richard.
            • Richard Krueger
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 4, 2003
                --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly L. Lunsford" <mxv11501@b...>
                wrote:
                > LOL...it has to be the solar flare or something!! LOL! Dang it! Go
                Red Wings! GOD they suck right now!

                My theory is that the team is divided into two camps: Hasek-
                supporters and Joseph-supporters. They're not playing as a team.
                This happened in Vancouver a few years back, where a very talented
                team managed to finish 2nd-last overall because of divided
                loyalties. Once Messier was gone, the problem fixed itself.

                Also, with Hatcher out, Old Man Chelios is playing way more minutes
                than expected, and consequently his shifts are resulting in more
                minuses than pluses.

                Richard.
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 4, 2003
                  Before we panic over the Wings...first of all, it is EARLY in the year
                  and secondly when they deal Cujo they will no doubt at least plug one
                  hole...