RE: [hockhist] Re: Could you point me in a good direction?

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2003
      Just got something from the OHL a few weeks back, according to it the
      WHL holds the exclusive rights to the American west as their protected
      area. In includes twenty states, among them Alaska and Hawaii...gee
      THERE would be a neat scouting trip! The OHL has the rights to 24
      states, the QMJHL 6. The OHL owns: Ala. Ark, Del. Fla. Ga. Ill. Ind. Ia.
      Kty. Lou. Md. Mich. Miss. Mo. NJ NY NC OH. PA. Ten. Va W Va Wis. And of
      course Ontario.
      QMJHL; Ct RI Mass NH Vt Mne and Quebec New Brunswick and NS
      WHL: the rest...Aka. Arz Cal Col Haw Ida Kan Minn Mon Nev Neb NM ND Okl
      Ore SD Tex Uta Wash Wyo as well as BC Alberta Sask Man NWT Yukon

      PEI and Nwfld are shared by the OHL and QMJHL the WHL can't go in there.

      I'm not sure about if WHL teams are allowed to draft from those states
      but they do have exclusivity in them.

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2003
        So if I wanted to skirt the draft, could I move to DC?

        Morey

        --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "William Underwood" <wausport@b...>

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2003
          GOOD QUESTION...DC isn't listed is it? But you couldn't skirt the draft
          you would still have to register for it with one of the leagues ala PEI
          and Nwfld. Nobody gets to play one off against the other that way
          anymore...