Ottawa Senators Sale finalized

  • HockeyGuy
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
      Just thought I would pass this along.

      Any comments on this?

      http://www.thn.com/en/headlines/detail.asp?id=16636&cat=954945254360
    • Gordon Jennings
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
        Sorry,but I regard Eugene Melnyk as a Carpetbagger
        who will profit from the hard work and sacrific of
        Bruce Firestone and Rod Bryden.

        It seems to me that if the powers that be had of
        granted the same concessions to Bryden as they have to
        Melnyk, Rod would still be in charge of the team.

        Somehow when I see Melnyk pictured in front of the
        Corel Center I smell the smoke stacks of Hamilton.

        Time will tell if this is a good deal for Ottawa.

        Gord

        --- HockeyGuy <hockeyguy@...> wrote:
        > Just thought I would pass this along.
        >
        > Any comments on this?

        http://www.thn.com/en/headlines/detail.asp?id=16636&cat=954945254360

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • James Milks
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
          I don't know about sympathy for either Bryden or Firestone. Long before
          sports, they owned many businesses with other people's money. There is a
          lot of financial wreckage in their collective wake, not to mention shady
          deals. Firestone for example, has 2 luxury suites...for life...at the
          Corel Centre, courtesy of Rod.

          Melnyk paid cash, people will get paid, no tax schemes. That's the way
          the world really works if you ask me. But hey, I can't even afford
          season tickets let alone the team.

          James

          --- HockeyGuy <hockeyguy@...> wrote:
          > Just thought I would pass this along.
          >
          > Any comments on this?

          http://www.thn.com/en/headlines/detail.asp?id=16636&cat=954945254360

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • htl goaliedave
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2003
            James Milks posted...
            I don't know about sympathy for either Bryden or Firestone. Long before
            sports, they owned many businesses with other people's money. ...But hey, I
            can't even afford season tickets let alone the team.

            Hey James, I hate to be cynical but Firestone and Bryden were both once
            saviours and we will hear, in the future, storiesa of Melnyk's business
            dealings.... THAT's how business works, imho :) And if you or anyone else
            ever wants to attend a game in Ottawa, email me, I have 4 seats and always
            (ok except for Toronto) have extra. Centre ice nosebleeds.

            Melnyk is bringing in the Eagles to play a free concert for all having
            minimum 12 game packs the day before the season opener. He has returned the
            annual Fan Fest from the dead of about 5 years. He is king of Ottawa right
            now and the Ottawa fan in me loves it... but the cynical part of me knows
            that money is often used as a smokescreen too. Let's see if he signs Havlat
            (the most exciting player in the NHL and still sitting on the 3rd line) and
            keeps doing what it takes to win the Cup before the coronation.
            Dave in Whitby