Ken Dryden's Home Game tapes...

  • mangodance
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13 6:20 PM
      A question from the hinterlands. FRI I got a call from someone telling
      me they had a couple of hockey episode tapes at Big Lots (a
      buyout/clearance type store). They were $1.99. Unfortunately, when I
      got there they only had 2 epidodes:

      #2 "The Playing Fields of Scarborough"
      #4 "Noi Final Victories"

      Each episode is one hour long and are dated 1990. Does anyone know how
      many episodes there were?
      --
      Bluegrass Hockey: Celebrating hockey in the Commonwealth:
      http://mangodance.tripod.com/bgh/bghockey.htm
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13 9:10 PM
        > Each episode is one hour long and are dated 1990. Does anyone know
        > how many episodes there were?

        There were six episodes:

        1. The common passion
        2. Playing fields of Scarborough
        3. Mere players
        4. The big money game
        5. No final victories (mostly about the 1972 series and Soviet
        players in general)
        6. The magic of play

        Two years ago (when I got them), all but the first one were quite
        easy to find on ebay. One company seemed to have a lot of them and
        they were selling about two sets per week for $4.99 per tape.

        Episode #1 was much harder to find (never did get it - anyone has an
        extra copy?); when one was available it fetched over $30 I seem to
        remember.

        I would think episodes #2 to #6 are probably still offered quite
        regularly on ebay.

        Very good series BTW, although at least chapter four is probably
        dated by now...

        If you can't get the tapes, the book (paperback version) is out of
        print, but you can get it easily through many sites that sell out-of-
        print books, often brand new.

        Jean-Patrice
      • Jayme Allen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13 9:24 PM
          The Hamilton Public Library has this series that can
          be loaned out including Episode 1. (though I hated
          Jar-Jar Binks...oh wait wrong Episode 1) I've seen the
          videos there. www.hpl.ca

          Jayme

          --- Jean-Patrice Martel <jpmartel_18@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------
          > Each episode is one hour long and are dated 1990.
          Does anyone know
          > how many episodes there were?

          There were six episodes:

          1. The common passion
          2. Playing fields of Scarborough
          3. Mere players
          4. The big money game
          5. No final victories (mostly about the 1972 series
          and Soviet
          players in general)
          6. The magic of play

          Two years ago (when I got them), all but the first one
          were quite
          easy to find on ebay. One company seemed to have a lot
          of them and
          they were selling about two sets per week for $4.99
          per tape.

          Episode #1 was much harder to find (never did get it -
          anyone has an
          extra copy?); when one was available it fetched over
          $30 I seem to
          remember.

          I would think episodes #2 to #6 are probably still
          offered quite
          regularly on ebay.

          Very good series BTW, although at least chapter four
          is probably
          dated by now...

          If you can't get the tapes, the book (paperback
          version) is out of
          print, but you can get it easily through many sites
          that sell out-of-
          print books, often brand new.

          Jean-Patrice

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

          To unsubscribe from this mail list, send a blank
          message to hockhist-unsubscribe@onelist.com

          Terms of Service.